Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIFA = cr@p ?

Options
  • 15-12-2001 3:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I am sick to the brim of people talking about that footy game.Why do they even bother buying it.....it sucks.Every year it tops the charts best footy game seller but why ? why would u spend 45 quid on the same footy game with digitally enhanced "lip" movements when u can spend 35 squids on ISS evolution ???
    Which game u guys thinks is better FIFA or ISS if ne of yous say FIFA im gonna cry :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually im still playing fifa 2001 coz it rocks
    i dont see the point in buying 2002.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

ISS PRO

I Dont have to say ne more

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

ISS PRO is the ONLY footy game i ever enjoyed playing.........and im still playing it because its completely brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Haven't played a decent footie game since Sensi Soccer.

amp - kickin it wit da old skool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Basketball simulations are much better!!! <- exclamation mark.

Hits liek NBA 'Jam 96 for fack sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by WhiteWashMan
    actually im still playing fifa 2001 coz it rocks
    i dont see the point in buying 2002.

There's a point if you don't already own FIFA 2001, - or if you don't mind shelling out £40 or so for the (genuinely worthwhile) enhancements the new version has to offer, ... ... including the power meter for shots, chips, passes/through-balls, the 1-2 move, the manager's assistant (who suggests subs, etc.), the smoother gameplay, better and more realistic take-downs and player interactions, - as well as the enhanced graphics and sound, extra tournaments, as well as the ability to unlock hidden tournaments (which I haven't done yet).

I have to say I quite enjoy FIFA Football 2002. I'm taking Leeds through the Premiership (I'm currently ... um... 8th or so...), having bought in Robbie Fowler, and it's great craic altogether. Motty & friend (in this case Andy Gray) may be as monotonous and predictable as ever, but the few enhancements they've put in, particularly those in controlling the passing, really HAVE improved the games playability and lasting appeal in my opinion and make FIFA 2002 a substantially better game than earlier versions.

I don't know WHY people take the time to lambast a game that they rarely if EVER play based on old half-truths which may have been true in the 1997 version of it (e.g.: it's like playing ice-hockey... it's too easy to score... it pays too much attention to graphics... ) blah blah f**cking blah. So you don't like it... fine! Why waste your time trying to make sure no-one else buys it?!

I personally like it a lot and say GOOD WORK E.A. SPORTS FELLAHS!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

its probably the same people that use linux because its not windows :)

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Maybe you guys should try iss pro evolution and see what everyone else is going on about. ISS puts FIFA to shame gameplay wise, which is by far the most important thing. Its interface, graphics, atmosphere is absolutely ****e - but it more than makes up for this in the actually playing.

FIFA does indeed suffer from "playing ice-hockey... it's too easy to score... it pays too much attention to graphics... ". In FIFA you will score the technically hardest goals in football easiest, in Pro Evolution, score at all and you just think the goal is beautiful no matter how crap looking. The interplay, tackling, the manner in which you do things is soo sooo well thought out and much closer to the real game - every time I watch a football match now I keep thinking "of course you couldn't play a bloody throughball there, the defender had it covered!; ah don't be tackling from behind there, of course the ref is gonna yellow card you!; haven't you played ISS??!".

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Speedball2 on GBA.

0wn. J00r. Sp4mm3h. P4nt4L00nz0rz.

Why would you want to play a game like that on a console?
    Get a spherically shaped object, roughly the size of a decent watermelon (or an actual water melon) and some 'chums' and go outside. The rest should be relatively simple.
    Racing multimillion pound sports machines....I can see how the simulation might be more practical, but soccer games, what's the point?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I'm gonna side with Bard on this one. I've played both Fifa 2002 and Pro Evolution but i still find myself coming back to fifa more often. It is a great step up from the previous editions and i find it a lot more satisfying. As for Pro Evolution, I did enjoy it. Great game it is. I just don't get the same type of feeling from it. There's a lot more depth to it, and maybe thats why i dont like it.

Damn i'm superficial :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Originally posted by [FCA]SyxPak
    I can see how the simulation might be more practical, but soccer games, what's the point?

But we're all horribly unfit, lazy you-know-whats!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Three Words :

Pro Evolution Soccer

I got Fifa 2002 about 3 weeks ago.At first i thought it was rubbish and didnt play it again untill yesterday.I actually got into it and got to know the passing and the shooting.Its not too bad.Its not beter then this is football although i havnt played pro evolution yet .Cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Fighting Soccer on the Neo-Geo. Nuff Said.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

See the main arguement for fifa players is that the game is arcaedey as to iss which is more realsitic but i dont give a crap if the game is arcadey or not its a f*ucking football game and Fifa plays like sh!t come on the players run like they cr@ped themselves or something.Iss Pro might not be n00b friendly but just stick with the game and when u get the hang of it you will find out why its so f*cking great. KONAMI I WUV U GUYS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

What GB said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Sounds like fighting talk. Time for a poll methinks. Any more nominations for best footy game ever?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I really liked Virtua Striker 2 in the arcade if that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭-RaY-

Originally posted by Dre as in Dray
    I got Fifa 2002 about 3 weeks ago.At first i thought it was rubbish and didnt play it again untill yesterday.I actually got into it and got to know the passing and the shooting.Its not too bad.Its not beter then this is football although i havnt played pro evolution yet .Cant wait [/QUOTE

One of the reasons i hate FIFA games is the passing in it its not very smooth its like trying to take a huge dump and the sh|te wont come out.You cannot link up any fast passing at all and the sprinting wats the deal with that u have to hit the Triangle button like a mutherfcuker to get the player running.The graphics i admit are ok but the players dont move around realsiticly so its kinda p00.
    first ISS PRO on PS2 is ****ed up as it is not made by KONAMI but buy Evolution 2 and man im telling u , you wont be buying another soccer game for years, sure i still have iss pro 98 which as u can see is yonks old and im still playing it because it ro><0rs (and the fact that im broke) :D

Advertisement