Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEst venue in Ireland?

Options
  • 15-12-2001 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I know I'm askin alot of questions but I think this is important.

My personal favourite was the Olympia unti lthe Ambassador came along. Vicar St. not half bad either.

Worst=The Point. Worst experiences at concerts there.

Lick my lovepump baby in D minor.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Vicar street is quite good.

The bouncers at the Ambassador were complete **** though. So thats not gonna be on the top of my list of nice places.

Last week anyway, I found the Shelter to be quite brilliant. They had Stella Artois. Nyom.

The music centre isn't half bad, but some of the staff are nonces though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I loikes Vicar St meself, haven't been to the Ambassador yet. Not since about 1988 or so anyway.

Stella Artois? Yuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭p-t saviour

ditto. Vicar St. is incredible, best sound i've ever heard. friendly staff, accessable bar... it rocks! whelans is kewl soundwise too. have yet to get to the ambassador, i wont go to a gig for the sake of checking out the venue... so i'll have to wait... good sound in the TBMC but that really is all its got, trying to make it a trendy yuppie place with its modern decor , while 14 year old minigoth skaters puke all over curved street, tis kinda funny. as for the point... some gigs good, some bad... cool security staff.

Seán.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Being a heavy smoker I'd have to say The Stables in Mullingar. TBMC is gank, Whelans is OK, Sound is desperate in the Ambassador, Point is too far away, Vicar St rocks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Have to go with the Stables. It's intimacy is the key, it's got real character. Well done to lads.
    By the way, Obsolete are playing this famous venue on the 23rd December.

• Advertisement
Advertisement