Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Your Favourite song in the world

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 roundgirl

bellx1 beautiful madness. may not be the best song ever written but means the most to me.

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

And the nominees are...

The Who - Baba O' Reilly
    Thin Lizzy - Still In Love With You
    Ash - Kung Fu
    Goo Goo Dolls - Iris
    U2 - Light My Way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Pugwash

right now for some reason i have taken a liking to hotel california lol, cheesy i no.

suppose RHCP - under the bridge

OR Taxman by the beatles

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Hmmm....as someone said, you hear a song, love it, then play it to death. but my nominees are:

GNR - Sweet Child 'O Mine
    RHCP - Under The Bridge
    Pearl Jam - Light Years(I think?)
    Incubus - Pardon Me

There's plenty of others that just came out recently, but they're too new to reliably give a 'classic' status to :) (Staind - Epiphany being one :))

{EDIT: Now I think about it, that list would have maybe another 30-40 songs on it, including some obvious beatles ones, some nirvana, maybe some oasis:eek:, but at a push, I'd say GNR - Sweet Child O Mine :)}

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Originally posted by playground
    playground psychotic
    I've just discovered an amazing old b-side by Weezer called 'I just threw out the love of my dreams' so this is my favourite song EVER right now.

rachel haden. voice of an angel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭markyedison

I really love 'blue monday' by New Order, it's perfect for every occasion. However, there are times when Jeff Buckley singing 'Hallejulah' seems like the beautiful thing in the world. It's just a shame that the rest of Grace is unlistenable drivel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge over Troubled Waters".

Gets me every time.

--

[Edit:] Pink Floyd's "Wish you were Here" is also wonderful - as are Metallica's "Nothing Else Matters", Nirvana's "Lithium", Jeff Buckley's "Hallelujah" and the Eagles' "Desperado".

Hmmm... I'm seeing a pattern here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Medion

A friend sent me "Hiding - Albert Lee" one time .. its a very good song ...

Someothers

"Edge of the blade - Journeys origional version or Jorn's version"
    "Dont you know what love it - Touch"
    "Carry on our wayward son - Yngwie j Malmsteen version"
    "Runaway - Luis Carreras version"
    "Bird of paradise - Snowy White"
    "If id been the one - 38 Special"

To name a few ...

Probaly my best band of all time is MSG Micheal Schenker Group :p

Advertisement