Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of resources?

• 16-12-2001 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

computer keeps running out of memory :(
    athlon 850
    640mb pc133 sdram (512 stick & 128mb stick)
    ive my virtual memory at double my ram (min & max)
    and got my diskcache to min:1mb & max:1/4 my ram
    ...cant figure how much that is at present...just smoked a bong
    please lend me ur thoughts
    micko
    :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Close some programs.

:)

Before all the tech lads come along and give you a real answer - give more detail. What do you mean by running out of memory? If you've had the computer running for ages or had a lot of programs open this would be normal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

what version of windows are u running ?
    i get that crap at work on a win95 machine rolleyes.gif i end up closing down all other stuff and that keeps it going for like 2 minutes - just enough time for saving my stuff then reboot

whood be on win2k after christmas :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

usually down to an application crashing and windows misreading its memory allocation .. seems to happen all the time when using netscape and ie concurrently with my pc (98SE).. either kill the app or get a new os.

Advertisement