Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom representive came to me door yesterday..

Options
  • 16-12-2001 2:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I open me door and see a red-haired girl with a suit, She asks me "Sir,are your parents around" Im just about to say "me 'ma is in bed, hold on a mo.." when I see a bag with "Eircom" on it.

"May I ask,why is it your here?" I say to her.
    She replies "Eircom are conducting a survey on why users are switching to rival companys"

hah, I dont need me ma to tell her this!

I stare at her and say "Oh,its because of me she changed over. You see, I use the internet. And seeing as Eircom have a god damn monopoly over Ireland and enjoy fleecing us for every penny we have with obscene internet bills peaking £300 a month, I had to switch to NTL, which cut my bill in half, but is still too much.

She says then "Sir,I'd really appreciate you ask your mother to come to the door"

I stare blankly at her, thinking "She must think im paranoid" , knowing myself, my mother would say the excact same, only in kinder words

So I go up anyway and she gets up. She comes down stairs and the Eircom representive says to her "Hello Miss, We're conducting a survey on why users are switching from Eircom to rival companys, could you tell us why you switched?"

So my mother says "Well, I used to have IOL NoLimits, which were flat-rate at evenings and weekends. But that was phased out. We went with Eircom for one month and got a bill of over £300, So we decided to switch to NTL, To give us the weekend free, but the bill was only cut in half"

A grin came over my face as the eircom employee looked and me, And I say "So whenever you decide to stop taking us for every penny we have, We'll switch back."

So she walked away, and I got back on my computer :) :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

:D <--- that's the only reaction I can come up with!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Do these Eircom Reps only call on People in Dublin or is it Country wide ? I have yet to get an Eircom Rep to knock on my door (although i would dearly love to) and ask the same thing ? From the posts i have seen Eircom seem to be a bit selective on who they call to ?

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

me sister switched to esatr when that no limits thing was going on and they just phoned her

they called and asked why she switched and gave the same reason and they said oh ok and goodbye and blah de blah

when the powernet came out from chorus she took up one of those options packages from eircom and went back

still waiting to hear from the ODTR about my problem with the powernet but as soon as thats sorted im getting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 645 ✭✭✭TomF

I'm in Cork and I've had two Eircom sales reps at the door. The first was a young man, very well spoken and claiming savings. I told him I was with Esat's NoLimits. After I was booted from that we went to Esat Gold, still using Esat for our non-Internet calls but now using Eircom's 1891-121-121 for the Internet. The second visit was from a young woman who wasn't quite as smooth as the man had been. She claimed lots of savings, but my response was that I didn't think I wanted to even save money with Eircom because they were such a greedy company. She looked at me, and said, Well, would you like to change back to Eircom anyway? I said no, and she must have gone on to the next stray sheep.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭El_MUERkO

:D top stuff

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

yeah we got a call from them as well they`ve tried a few times to get us back but nuh uh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I was in the Eircom store (upstairs) on Henry Street a few months ago while they were having a training meeting for those nice people who call to your doors. Onyl heard the end of it, when the guy told them to offer anything the former subscriber wanted in order to get them back. Looks like they didn't listen.

I have said in a previous post the Eircom are a Head a Body and a Tail. The Head sends out false information to the Body who in turn elaborates on it and send it to the Tail to bring the information to us. And ye all know what the Tail is full of.
    In fairness to the people that work for Eircom though they really DONT understand whats going on becaouse they are not informed properly. EG. Eircom make a new offer so you ring them, the person does not have a clue what your talking about and fobbs you off by giveing you another number to ring and they in turn fobb you back to the same number you rang in the first place ? This happens many times and EVENTUALLY! you just might get talking to someone who actually knows about the offer.
    Eircom have no interdepartmental structure whatsoever. From my experience, the people that work for Eircom are as missinformed as we all are.

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Played :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've been meaning to get a present for these people for the momentous ocassion when they call to my door. One of those burglar masks is top of my list. Perhaps a bag marked SWAG too. :D

Seriously folks, it's important to remember that these people are simply sales agents, usually not even employed by Eircom. While IrelandOffline members should absolutely point out their precise reasons for leaving Eircom, and for not returning until such time as they start acting competitively, I would ask that members are polite and respectful with them.

Remember, they're just trying to do their job and earn a crust, just like the rest of us. In the current environment, even the best of us have to suck it up and work for people we don't like sometimes.

adam

• Advertisement

even the best of us have to suck it up and work for people we don't like sometimes.

Dont worry its not gone un-noticed

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭Stonemason

Well i wish i had the luxury of switching to another telco but unfortunately there is no one else arround here (nenagh).
    About a year ago i got Chorus in because i was told i would be able to get the phone and powernet within a short time well guess what they decided that pointing their antena in the direction of those unable to get cable due to living in the country was pointless so they pointed it straight at limerick city where line of sight in a built up area wouldnt be a problem ?.
    So when my years contract is up Chorus can take a hike now the point to the heading of this post is i have ISDN which i have been waiting for months to have removed but suprise suprise eircom seem a little reluctant to come and put me back on anolog if you think im being paranoid then how is it that a week or so ago we were having real problems with our line just being cut of when ever it felt like it the guy called out to us the very next day to fix it yet he knew nothing about us going back to our old line and couldnt do anything because he didnt have the right work docket.So im stuck here being bled dry by eircom and unless im willing to give up my land line altogether (which im sorely tempted) eircom will be charging me till either i havent got the money to pay the bill anymore or i die either way it sux.

Stone

Advertisement