Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I entiteled to compensation from Eircom?

Options
  • 16-12-2001 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

I recently got my ISDN after waiting a good 8 weeks for it. Anyway I had the line for 6 days and then it died, Not just my computer wouldn't connect but my phone either for 5 days! When I rang Eircom first (it was a Thursday about 3:30pm) they told me it would be ready on friday, and I asked how much will i be compensated on? They said Well we only compensate ppl who are 24 Working hours waiting!?!?!?!! This meant that if they hadn't fixed it by Friday 3:30 I'd still have to wait until Monday 3:30 because Weekends arent counted as Working hours!. So anyway Monday 3:30 did come and I was still without connection so I rang them and was put through to there Accounts and something else line where they told me:
    [Stupidity] Eircom high speed lines are currently new technology to us, therefore are not covered by our compensation policie, but I can offer you £13 punds off your bill [/Stupidity].
    I didn't accept it, I decided to talk to a Solicitor or Consumour person thingy. So anyway im waiting for an Om buds woman to come to my house to talk to her but I was wondering if any of you knew if I was entitiled to anything?

BTW: If any Moderaters read this I suggest you take a look here Humour Boards Lucifer.POD I think is trying to PingOfDeath your PC with spam posting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

in truth though ISDN technology is as old as sin, you can argue that. It's been around for 10 years. High Speed technology is just tarted up ISDN. They should cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

ISDN is out longer than that, over 20 years I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ISDN has been around since the eighties

when I asked eircom about compensation they told be to contact

customer.services@eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭jd

Originally posted by fcddunne
    ISDN has been around since the eighties

when I asked eircom about compensation they told be to contact

customer.services@eircom.net

These people won't be able to help you regarding the failure of your isdn connection
    They only deal with customer services for eircomnet/indigo ie the isp end
    jd

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

The original I.120 spec for ISDN was published in 1984, but as far as I can tell it took until around 1990 before things settled down such that the working implementations were all operating well together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement