Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

email through proxy?

Options
  • 16-12-2001 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

Dunno if this belongs here, but I'm using an MS app so....

Can pop servers be accessed from behind a firewall? Using OE or anything. The proxy in work lets me use irc/http, but that's all I've checked so..... help? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

id dont follow, is this a home situation
    in your job, the mail severs are probably set to the ip address of the main internet gateway/provider and then recieved from there
    thats you work email. you say eircom email would send emails through the gateway/providers ip and then to the net, it would then recieve the emails directly from eircom.

if its a case of home, its should be just normal, you set it to whatever and then the emails and sent through your friewall as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

OK yeah, prob should have supplied more info. OK, it's a work situation, but I"m trying to get my college email, especially over chrimbo. I used to do it at home, but now I don't have net access at home :( so ii'm trying to get it in work from behind a http proxy/firewall thingy

I tired hotmail's 'pop retrieval service', but it sucks @ss and doesn't work

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Depends on the firewall/proxy setup.
    Have they got an internal mail server, what ports are open on the firewall etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

You could try www.mail2web.com to check for your email, when giving your email address specify it as username@domain.com

(Sometimes username and email address can be different and mail2web don't like that )

Advertisement