Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitor colours gone mental

• 16-12-2001 11:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

My comp crashed tonight, upon rebooting, the monitor colours appear too washed out e.g. black appears gray. Further reboots changed nothing. Contrast, brightness controls etc. work, but with the new 'black' as default. Tried another video cable, same problem, connected my comp to another monitor and that one was fine.

So I guess somethings up with the tube or something on this monitor (it's a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 900u 19") - any ideas on a way to fix this or is it a repair job?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

You could try the monitors degauss feature (assuming it has one)... other than that, you could go for the long shot and remove the monitor from device manager - reboot - and let windows re-detect and install it.
    Other than that - I'm lost.
    Smells like a repair job if it's doing the same thing on other PC's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

have u tried that "faulty" monitor on another pc ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I did try the degauss alright, no effect. I'll try hooking it to another PC, but I've a feeling it's going to need repairing - time to rob a monitor from work for a while :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Was the crash cause by a power issue?? If the power suddenly goes from a monitor there can be damage done. If the tube is ****ed, which I would guess it is then you wont be able to get it repaired, monitors are hard thing to get repaired full stop, but to replace a tube is probably dearer then buying a new monitor.

John

I was playing Comanche 4 when the machine locked solid, reset and power buttons did nothing, nor did ctrl-alt-del etc. I had to take the power cord out of the back of the PC, when I put it back in, I waited about ten seconds then started it up again, at which point the monitor went.

I'll have to do something about it, can anyone recommend a good place in Dublin to get it looked at, or where I can get a new monitor?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

If it is out of warranty try PSRA in Bray

http://www.psra.ie/

jbkenn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭beaver

Hmm, crashes during games can sometimes screw up display settings. Does it look bolloxed when it's booting up or just when you get to Windows?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

to be honest conor, theres not much point in getting monitors repaired. they usually go soon afterwards.
    talk to amp and see what he can do for you.
    other wise, ive still got a dodgey 17" monitor that i bought from you that im not using :)
    of course, you will have to get it shipped from surrey :)

eh there's nothing dodgy about that monitor: it was working fine when you took it. And you just reminded me yuo owe me £70 for that, seeing as Jonners found the RAM, so you can give me that over the holidays.

Merry Fucking Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

seeing as jonners found the ram, i think that means HE owes you 70 quid.
    remember, i guy stuff off you, jonners buys stuff of me, jonners gives money for me to you.
    cheeky bast!
    anyway, ive about 20 quid left for the month. after being 'between' jobs for 6 weeks, my pay cheque last month was enough to make a minimilist cry :)
    but you may buy me a drink or two.

• Advertisement
Advertisement