Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I just asked a Question....

Options
  • 17-12-2001 12:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Are the Boards really slow tonight or is it just me ?

Nope. Absolutely tearing along for me Some bugs flying about though (or maybe that's opera )

The Boards are remarkably fast for my amazing 16,800 kbs connection ...

Esatclears been really really slow for me today, maybe same for you ?

i've always noticed them to be a bit, and sometimes very slow compared to other online boards, even with leased line 128kbps at work.. ?

I'd move this if I could think of somewhere to put it without getting balled (sic) out of it... I find it faster than usual meself, but that's probably a direct result of recent tweaking.

Nope its been booting along since Regi waved a dead chicken at it. We're still going to move to Ireland tho to get better speeds etc.

All i did was ask a question and some people replied next thing my post was re/moved ?? What a MEAN thing to do! It totally ment no harm to anyone and it was totally not offensive to anyone so why move it ? I really hope ye had fun doing it it only strengthens my opinion. BAH!!
    :mad:

MS

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The topic belonged in Admin or Bugs/Suggestions. It was moved there. What's the problem?

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

The problem was Adam as you said
    I'd move this if I could think of somewhere to put it without getting balled (sic) out of it

I felt the same way so i posted it here. The thing is that anyone that replied to it didnt mind where it was and it only seemed to bother you! Maby u should move my last post too as well ? I know its going to bother a few people ?

MS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by MS
    All i did was ask a question and some people replied next thing my post was re/moved ?? What a MEAN thing to do! It totally ment no harm to anyone and it was totally not offensive to anyone so why move it ? I really hope ye had fun doing it it only strengthens my opinion. BAH!!
    It is reasonable that your post that is off-topic here should be moved to a forum where it is on-topic. That way it is more likely to be answered better. It is the duty of the moderators to do this. It is not that your post is rubbish so please don't don't take offence.

Purely technical posts are routinely moved to the Net/Comms board where people who don't read the IOFFL forum can answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The question you asked had nothing to do with IrelandOFFLine and so it did not belong on the IrelandOFFLine forum. Don't make an issue out of it because there's no issue to be made of it. It's as simple as that.

I'm closing THIS topic, because IT has nothing to do with IrelandOFFLine either and is relatively pointless. If you have a problem with how this board is moderated, go to the Admin forum or take it up directly with either myself or dahamsta.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement