Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for IOFFL

Options
  • 17-12-2001 1:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Many people have given their time help and patience to IOFFL. Everyone agrees that they have done great job and and everyone appreciates it. But it seems to have come to a standstill ? Some people have gotten a lot of publicity from IOFFL and then seem to have stood back ( Yes i mean what i said and the people that have gotten it will totally understand what i mean ). There seems to be a few people that are willing to try their best for IOFFL (wont mention names) and those that start off really great untill they get what they want and then back off.
    EVERYONE! no matter who they are have 10 or 15 mins to spare and that is all it takes. Eircom are accused of provideing a *****y service to their customers. And now im beginning to beleive IOFFL are doing the same thing to the people that are being loyal to them. Bring out all your old arguements against me if ye want i have already seen them and ignore them like all the arguements i get from Eircom. The thing is that IOFFL have to realise is that everyone has a life and most people that were / are involved were willing to give up part of it for something they beleived in. A true example of this was / is Elana (sorry Elana for bringing you name into this ). Ok my Question to IOFFL is this. You have / had the backing of over 1,000 people and these people rallied with ye and helped in any way they could. These same people (maby not all of them) are now getting fed up sitting around waiting not only for some information but for some action. Ohhhhhhhhh wait....damn i have a job.... kids to take care of and its Christmas... ill re-post this in November next year. HUH! Will Eircom wait to fill us with more C r a p ? :rolleyes:
    We should have an IOFFL Anthem and its already a winner

Whats Another Year - IOFFL 2010

This time instead of of the usual reply of what can WE do to help IOFFL and what ideas have WE got that might help. Ye give us something positive for once that we can feel we are a part of an organisation that was set up to fight against EIRCOM. Pateience or Hurry Up and WAIT! BAH! :mad:

You know what really annoys me the most ? The people that have done all the work in IOFFL will be / feel offended by what i have just said while the people it was ment for will just sit back and let them go on feeling that way :mad:

RANT OVER!

MS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by MS
    Some people have gotten a lot of publicity from IOFFL and then seem to have stood back ( Yes i mean what i said and the people that have gotten it will totally understand what i mean ).
    In what way has anyone personally gained from IOFFL? I think you are being unreasonable here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

perhaps its one of those
    01:08 AM rants...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by MS
    Ok my Question to IOFFL is this.

... is WHAT ???

You didn't ASK a question, - you just posted your usual time-wasting 'what is going on?' thread asking for a different answer to the true one that 'no, nothing is going on, Christmas is happening now, people are occupied, - be patient.'

These threads are getting tiresome MS,- have patience please and please stop re-posting the same old rants. Some things are certainly on the horizon, to be sure... but nothing solid or so sure that it can yet be discussed.

Calm down.

I'm closing this thread (tomorrow), - because it is, as before, going nowhere fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

[
    This time instead of of the usual reply of what can WE do to help IOFFL and what ideas have WE got that might help. Ye give us something positive for once that we can feel we are a part of an organisation that was set up to fight against EIRCOM.

um eircom arent the only people involved here there is also the ODTR and the government and the other telecommunications companies.

Ok MS what do you suggest.

Like many others I took part in the protests of Nov 16 I was working on that day but still managed to black out my site and add an e-mail signiture in the days leading up to it and even managed to stay offline too. I dont feel in any way offended that there has been little movement or activity that I know of on the part of Ireland Offline.

You have to realise the people they are dealing with like to take their time doing stuff. Christ it took me 5 days to get eircom to solve a problem for me that took 30 seconds to fix. Your dealing with glorified Civil Servants when your dealing with eircom. Yes its a private company now but these employees have been Civil Servants all their lives and dont know any better.

Civil servants like to do things at their own pace which is somewhere between dead slow and backwards. which is why these things take TIME

If you have a suggestion or two I would love to hear it MS

what would you do go up and kick down the doors ? sorry you cant go doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

god SHUT UP. Some people are way too polite on this forum.
    MS you are contributing nothing with posts like these. If your letters to eircom are as badly written as your posts, its no wonder they ignore you. Hey, theres something i have in common with eircom.
    Ye give us something positive for once that we can feel we are a part of an organisation that was set up to fight against EIRCOM.
    Thats not why Ioffl was set up. Please learn the basics of the aims of ioffl before you post drivel that wastes precious minutes of everyones life.

Seriously MS, Would you like ioffl to invent news just for you? If it would make you feel happy, Ill write a little weekly email just for you. Heres the first installment and although im not on the committee, i think its pretty much on the money:

No news to report at the moment.

Happy?

Someone close this topic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Dustaz

Someone close this topic.

eh... I did SAY I was going to- I was just giving people a chance to reply to it first.

Consider it closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement