Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printing from win2k issue

• 17-12-2001 1:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭

Right me head is wrecked, and the trusty Google has let me down.

I have a number of win2k clients on a domain .(NT4server)
    I have a shared printer on an NT4 workstation (spack4), which the win2k clients cannot print to.

It installs fine, and if you print to the printer, no error is received.
    No print is received either.

if you try to print a test page from printer properties
    I get "Test page fasiled to print, would you like to view the print trouble shooter for assistance. Operation could not be completed".

I have tried installing the lastest driver from a different location, and a different driver. same result.

The printer is a HP970CXI, and it prints fine from the nt4 clients in the room.

X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

I had the same problem a while back, couldn't get it goin at all, then tryed shareing it out from a 2k machine n it worked. :)

You sure the drivers work on 2k? and you could try updateing the service pack *shrug*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

had the same problem. put it on this board even
    put it down to nt and win2k dont like each other sometimes.
    sorry
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Have you installed the Win2k drivers on the NT machine (as installable drivers) so that when the 2k machine comes along looking for a shared printer it gets the drivers from the NT machine (solved my problem when I was sharing a HP4 series from an NT server to a 2k machine)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Yup, tryed that.

(As part of original install).

Thks anyway to those who responded, (because HP still havent)

X

Advertisement