Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

uninstalling drivers

• 21-07-2000 3:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

I just got a creative geforce2 gts and, in my ignorance, installed the supplied drivers smile.gif

I've downloaded the detonator 2 reference
    drivers and I was wondering how you go about removing the creative ones?

There was an article about this on tweak3d.net but I cant seem to find it now :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

Try selecting them in device manager are they there?

Or boot windows into vga mode uninstall all drivers including the new ones and install just the new ones

Are you having probs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Woah, you have a GeForce2? Getting ready for Tribes2? wink.gif

Don't bother with the reference drivers, creative keeps their drivers pretty up to date and you get to use the BlasterControl which is pretty cool. Creative latest driver is based on detonator 5.30 and it comes in the form of an exe. You just run it and it installs everything for you without having to uninstall stuff first. Or at least that's the theory...try it

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 21-07-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭koloth

recent gamecenter article:
    http://www.gamecenter.com/Hardware/Doit/Upgradevid/

I think the creative drivers can be removed by going to add/remove programs, uninstalling, rebooting (therefore picking up standard VGA driver) then installing new drivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

nah I'm not having problems with it, I just heard that the reference drivers were a better option than the supplied ones smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

thanks for that link koloth, I was able to kill the creative drivers and install the nvidia 5.32 ones, they are far superior (quality wise) and much more stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Install the 5.32 and then look for and install creatives fasttrax update driver, this has a handy agp setup and ge-force overclocker build-in to them. they are just as fast if not faster than the det drivers.

just have det 5.32 installed befor hand and open the exe fasttrax.exe, it will update the drivers and add the appes

Advertisement