Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Try and get the community going

Options
  • 17-12-2001 5:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭

The irish tribes community has really gone down hill, so maybe we should revitalise it. Recently I've played tribes1 and maybe the community for that game should get going again. Since I've really lost the taste for cs and not much games can fill that slot except tribes :)

So we should gather and revolt !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

Agreed! Its time for some retro gaming... just playing tribes at the op flash lan, i noticed that for a 4 year old game, it easily stood up to challenges from newer contenders, not only from a gameplay point of view, but even from a graphical point of view! Tribes running at optimum detail in 800x600 is not to laughed at...

The game is brilliant, and a load of ppl were converted.

Roll on the revolution!

A

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

OMG, A post!!!! :)

Well, there are certainly no shortage of emtpy servers to play on. Lets maybe get together on IRC some night and have a stab?
    I can show yis me l33t tricks:)
    and asuka can piss me off by sniping me from everywhere on the map:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Tribes or Tribes 2? I heard they're good even on 56k, if so gwan Tribes cuz CS is getting rite on my tits now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well tribes2 is a peice of poo, the game play isn't great and it'll rape your pc ontill is just crumbles under it's own prossesor speed. Now tribes which I only discovered lately has brilliant game play and even runs well on my little ol 400mhz, and you can find it on any good games shop in the bargain section :D

So join the community and well get some action going.

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

If and when I get my T1 up and running, yeah, its been a while tho :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭[CALIBUR]

its a sad thing to see the tribes boards going down hill. i don't get it with people they just play one game and keep on playing with that game for hours on-end. every time i go to the cs boards the topic is allwas the same pointing out Aimbots, Wallhacker! and cheats and also the irish cs players don't use teamwork at all!

tribes 2 is a really cool game and its not fair that all of use have to play the same game over and over again .and also have to go to other crappy laggy server out side of ireland.

Meat, were talking about Tribes 1 here :)
    Tribes 2 is not a great game. Its a buggy boring piece of ****:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

Tribes 2 broke my heart, sending me running back to the familiar arms of HL and its mods.

Where might I find a copy of T1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Bargain section of a games shop, jsut keep your eyes pealed.
    personaly I got my version from dusty (the kind soul)

I shall be bringing a couple of copies of it to xmas montylan which wont be coming home with me:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 GoRy

yay wan dust!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

Ive had Tribes 2 running on all of the machines(personal use) in NH in rathmines without any problems....in fact ive never had a problem with the game except for the memory leaks when it was first released.

I still play it quite regulary:)

newest patch stops people "driving off into the sunset" which is quite handy

Yep, I've been playing t2 since release and I've not had a problem with it that wasn't fixed by deleting the .dso's . I'm not saying everyone is so lucky, but T1 won't work for me, doesn't mean I thrash it at every opportunity I get tho.

T2 doesn't like my p450 but somehow I think my 1.6GHz Athlon Geforce 3 blah blah won't have a problem ;) ah well I'll never know :( since no one plays it.
    I remember playing T1 a while back and twas amazing, now if only I can find a shop that sells the bastard :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

AHh T2 is still fairly popular, I still find a good few Irish people playing it(non boards.ie) people
    There're still a lot of server's taht're packed out players, oh and muppets too :)

Talk about muppetry OJ look at yer siggy there... :p

Fixed my T1 - if you're having a problem with T1 loading under WinXP, try opening your ClientPrefs.cs file, and changing:
    $pref::VideoFullScreen = "TRUE";
    to
    $pref::VideoFullScreen = "FALSE";
    If you then reset it to fullscreen and opengl, it should load np... hopefully :)

Advertisement