Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I dont get it?

Options
  • 17-12-2001 7:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

I Dont get it here in the boards you go on complaining how **** the current rock seen is am I right? seems that way..

For instance you seem to c any rock band that is popular these days as ****e, am I right in saying this?

What about MUSE?

Im mean ffs, what the hell like there a damn good band.. plenty of originality and it has somting new to it..

Smashing Pumpkins.. Billy Gorgan is filled with Musical Skill..

Plenty others..

Ok **** the Linkin Park and Limp Bizketz.. They just shout into a mic and **** around with there guitars..

But your saying to me some good aul friend of yours down the road is playing music and its takin him all his time an effort into playing and constructing the music, now its relativly good n all, then one day he gets signed and makes it big.. and gets very popular .. now he is ****e as well? But why? he spent hours playing music.. geting it together.. and preforming.. so whats rong?

Ok im a bit unorganised in what im trying to say here but when you reply with somthing I can posibly awser more clearly than I can explain now..

C yas,

-adren-

(No offenesse ment by this, nor an attack on any person reading.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I agree, except for the fact that the Pumpkins aren't really part of any scene any more... seeing as they don't exist no more :(

It's just an egotistical thing really, when a band is relatively small people go around singing their praises, thinking they're cool cos they know a band before someone else does, but once they get vaguely popular they start saying "oh they were better when they were smaller" or the funniest one... "they sold out".

bleh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Well for one thing, it's the bigger known bands that people hear more off...
    Lots of times, people aren't going to hear stuff they really like, as it's usualy drowned out by commercial toss.

I don't particularly blame people when they blurt out how crap Rock, or Metal is, because all they're hearing is rubbish like Limp Bizkit, and such...

Then again, if people really want to hear something new and interesting, they should go and LOOK for it. And stop waiting for something to drop on their laps.

Go out, get the stange imports. It's worth it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

I think its just because a few years ago, in between grunge and nu-metal there was no heavy rock in the charts really. Now its huge and its not a mystery to anyone anymore so people are just gonna complain about the most popular bands. If you get my meaning. Alien Ant Farm will go down as one hit wonders to most people, Staind are playin the Point! Rock and metal is the same as Boyzone were a while ago but it'll all go away after a bit and no one will complain half as much then.

Advertisement