Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Devore take a look at this link (for the boards)

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yeah, that is kinda cool. I've been looking into and thinking about stuff like this for a good while.

We have to make a decision to either stick with the base code for UBB and continue upgrading as they improve the product or go our own route and start coding bits of Perl to do all sorts of funky things.

I still havent decided which route to go.

Tom.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

Use some SCM program to manage the cgi codes. Go ahead and code ya own stuff. Merge in UBB upgrades when they become available. You can have the best of both worlds with a little bit of work.

[This message has been edited by Chubby (edited 20-07-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

even though I'm not a programer and i know not what I'm talking about. I'd say that doing your own code would be the best way.(with a lot of work). I'v been looking at a lot of boards and they all have the same base lay out(even boards.ie). if you where to make you own code you could make the board a lot different from the other.(i think??) I say try your own code. make a programers board were you can get more ppl to work on it with you.

ps...if i did not make any sence that is because I'v been up for over 20hr and just home from a 12hr shift in a clean-room frown.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there's a nice icq interface on http://games.netshop.ie/forum/ too

Advertisement