Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The reason I'm bringing this question to you is...

• 25-07-2000 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

...because I've never done it before...

Y'know REALLY done it...

...that's right, set up microsoft proxy server on an NT server machine for dial on demand from other systems on the network.

I'm getting an ISDN line in and the two existing phone lines taken out. I have a LAN and four systems. one is the NT server, the rest are Win98.

How do I set up a proxy server on the NT box and get that dial on demand thing from any other system on the network?

All constructive replies greatly appreciated. Anything else gets flamed biggrin.gif

Lucutus of Borg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Bah, I had big reply typed out and then realised you've set your heart on MS proxy. Are you sure you want to use it.
    Check out http://winfiles.cnet.com/apps/98/servers-proxy.html for a lighter solution that will do everything just as well. Winroute Pro is particularly good.
    If using MS proxy it wasn't too difficult last time I set one up (2 yrs ago now), just dive in.

Advertisement