Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EXCEL question

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Rite,
    I dislike excell and working with it
    but i have to spend about 1 hour a week updating stuff in excel

i have perl scripts that generate data in test and html format..
    and then i manually put this into an excel worksheet and then update the graph datasource outline to include the new data
    basically i need sone way of automating this...
    can you import from a text fileinto excel? and then maybe an vb marco that would update it??
    i need some help with this one real bad
    someone help me
    please
    someone

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,532 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

ffs Dave!...Now I bet you wish that you'd studied harder before going on co-op.

Of course you could always just tell the Excel sheet to TAAKE IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you can import text files into excel. Comma or TAB delimited files are usually best. Though pretty much any text file can be imported. (Word tables import almost perfectly).

As for updating, a VB script could do it (fekked if I know how to write it but I've worked with spreadsheets that did that type of thing before). Involves linking to data and to sheets etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

Sounds to me like a job for the programming board
    din, din, diiin....

Advertisement