Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are the reasons for ADSL line test failure?

Options
  • 18-12-2001 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭

Sorry if someone already explained this but I didn't see it (but feel free to direct me)

I got 46k on my dialup, I now have ISDN installed but Eircon tell me that my line fails the ADSL test. But why?
    I asked Eircom but didn't get any answer.

I live just off Capel street so I shouldn't be too far from the exchange,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

the flavour of adsl that eircom are selling won't work with an isdn line. At present, if you want adsl you have to either get an additional (normal) line or get rid of your isdn line. And you might still fail the line quality test (depending on whether there are line splitters in effect near you, or aluminium cable used (seemingly))

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

meglome,

Ask them to test it again. One of my mates got a failure one day, and then it worked the next day! :rolleyes:

p.s. Did you get the cd's? (im on holidays till January)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Medion

Maybe your too far from the exchange, 3 kilometers I beleive is the maximum limit I seen in another thread but I cant be sure of this.

If it's less than 3km, Contact Eircom again and ask them to test it again and when engineer comes to your house, let him see your unaddressed sealed evelope with a few notes in it ;) and say something along the lines of "I'd really like to get ADSL connection A.S.A.P. even if I had to pay something for the trial".

I have heard this technique of asking them to test something again work in may industries world wide.

Advertisement