Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Red Dwarf

• 18-12-2001 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭

So I missed season 6 or 7 (can't remember which). WTF happened?!? Watching the new season and their in some prison and Rimmer isn't a hologram?

Can anyone fill me in please?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 socs

Don't know sorry, but am delighted to see that RTE (bless em) are showing it Wednesdays! Smeg heads.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

The crew went chasing after Red Dwarf, then after about a series, they realised they had been chasing nothing but a glitch in the radar or something. So then they actually found red Dwarf(then i think it blew up,not sure?). Then they tried following the nano-bots so they could get them to rebuild stuff. Then they found that the nano-bots had been living in listers dirty underwear basket, and so they got the nano-bots to rebuild the ship. Not only did they rebuild the ship, they did it biger and better, they made it according to the original blue prints, and not only that, they recreated all the dead crew.

thats a very rough story :) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

series VIII (thats 8) their in the prison on red dwarf. at the end of the previous series, they find out that krytons nano bots (or something) made red dwarf really small and it was there all along IN starbug and when they were chasing red dwarf all along, they were only chasing the echo of the tiny red dwarf (or something).

then the nano bots recreate red dwarf to normal size complete with the crew back alive (including rimmer who wasnt in the previous series because kochanski was in it for some other reason i cant really remember). then lister etc... are accused of stealing starbug and sent to prison. (or something)

sorry. but it's early in the morning and thats all i can remember.

try a look around the official site : http://www.reddwarf.co.uk . you'll find exclusive news on the red dwarf movie thats in production too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

So what did you guys make of series 7 ??

Apart from the first episode I thought the rest of it was complete muck - most unentertaining unlike the series previous and 8 was great!

Basically the series sucked without rimmer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

very true Evil George. Kochanski cannot replace rimmer!! but as an additional cast member to rimmer (ala series VIII) she's not that bad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Yeats County

Well, Krytens nanobots reduced Red Dwarf to microscopic size and hid it in Listers laundry basket. They were just following the minute vapor trail left by the ship.
    The ship is discovered and restored to its original size by the nanobots.
    The crew are put in the "Brig" because they had illegal acess to the ships files.
    As for Rimmer (hologram version) he left to become his alter-ego, "Ace Rimmer", a suave superhero from another dimension.
    He returns in series 8, albeit as a human again. He was resurrected along with the rest of the crew by the nanobots, the original Rimmer is still acting as Ace Rimmer (we don't see him again). This is, in effect, a "new" Rimmer. He joins up with the Dwarfers.
    (The real reason Chris Barrie (Actor who plays Rimmer) left the show was because he had other commitments at that time).

Series 8 ends on a cliffhanger as the Red Dwarf is consumed by a microbe, while Rimmer kicks the Grim Reaper in the nuts!

Series 7 was poor, although some episodes did stand out.

On a related note, the Red Dwarf movie is due for release in Christmas 2002, hopefully there'll be a series 9 after it.

Advertisement