Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crackly sound...

• 23-07-2000 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

wee problem with an Ensoniq AudioPCI..

the sound off it seems distorted, not so much in games in etc..but its very noticable when playing wavs or mp3s, a sort of crackling noise every time the mouse is moved or a window is minimized.

Latest drivers have been installed to no avail. The funny thing is it wasnt doing this when I had it in my old pc :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

A possible resource conflict methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 JayZuZ

Had this problem before. Seems to be a display driver problem.
    Fixed it by reducing the hardware acceleration down a notch.
    control panel display/settings/advanced/performance/
    hardware acceleration. Getting new vid drivers and reinstalling directx may fix it otherwise.

[This message has been edited by JayZuZ (edited 24-07-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Make sure is not sharing an IRQ, and move it as far away from the other devices/psu/cards as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

I know this one!
    Is the card on the mobo?
    If it is unlucky!
    If not well heres the solution... Move the card to another slot AWAY from the PROCESSOR!
    This is 100% its processor interference!!
    If its on the mobo then follw the other advice on turning down the vid/card acc/
    gl

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

Could be a high DMA conflict; if you get no crackle with an 8bit wav, for example, this is the prob. Change the value to another in Device Manager

Fing

• Advertisement
Advertisement