Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

capturing and replaying h323 streams

• 18-12-2001 2:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭

lo,

Anyone know of a way to capture/sniff h323 streams (such as some voip apps or ms netmeeting) containing both video and audio and allowing replay at a later time? This is assuming that your machine is one of the participent clients in the session and there's nothing dodgy going on involving other people's conversations.

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

PictureTel Should help you here. The do all that kinda thing. Try Googling for their website.

H323 is used for video conferencing, but if you're at either end, recording the video and/or sound output, should not be a problem.

CMC prolly do what you want too.

http://www.cellmigration.org/H323.html

CuSeeMe might be an opton too. I think you can record from within the program itself.

What software are you using at the moment? Is it PC based, or dedicated conferencing equipment? I may have a proggie lying about to record from PC, we played about with this stuff yonks ago.

I found the link to H323 stuff.

http://www.packetizer.com/iptel/h323/products.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

hey jads,

its all software based at the moment - just netmeeting for proof of concept - we'll use it until we find something better to use.

In fact, to record the stream, we don't have to use netmeeting, so if cuseeme will record it, that's great.

So far, I've found screen/video grabbing software that'll yoink the video part just fine, and other software that will grab the sound, but nothing seems to grab both video and sound :)

I'll keep looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Incidently, I was once asked to organise a video link with our two Irish sites, a company in dublin, and a marketing rep, who was in a hotel in France. Everyone had a webcam, and at least a 56K modem (Our 2 sites and the manufacturer in Dublin has 64/128K ISDN).

I simply got everyone to register with Yahoo!, and logon to Yahoo chat. The software is wally proof, and took 10 mins for even the marketdroid to download. Once one, I created a room, and invited everyone in. Perfect voice and video, as 128K ISDN gives you the option to really boost your video quality settings.

It may seem amateurish, but it works just fine. It may get you out of a spot one day.....

CuSeeMe = Good, BTW.

Advertisement