Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present from Eircom

Options
  • 18-12-2001 2:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I signed up for the Eircom ADSL trials and eagerly awaited the 20th December when the installer was to come.
    Yesterday (Monday) I get a call from that nice guy Dermot at Eircom to say that there are problems at the Beggars Bush exchange and that the install will not now happen 'till after Christmas..... You can probably imagine my frustration.

All he would say was that he didn't know what the problem was
    and that he couldn't confirm a new date untill the problem was fixed. I asked was there any chance that it would be fixed between Monday and Thursday and it seems definitely not, which is puzzling to say the least. I would of thought 2-3 days sufficient to fix anything...

Anyway the point of the post.
    1/ There were seemingly 2 others due for install on the same day from Beggars Bush exchange and these were cancelled also.
    If your one of these can you reply here and let me know.

2/ Also, if your on the current trial and connected to Beggars Bush
    please confirm here.

Thanks,
    Steve.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I would be curious about this. If anyone else has had their trials delayed or cancelled, in other exchanges in particular, please post and let us know.

Thanks,
    adam

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

My install due on Dec 17th from Beggars Bush exchange was also cancelled or as I was told "postponed" - whatever that means !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pieterw

Eircom's Rosemary called our home number to say that due to technical problems in the Beggars Bush exchange our install date has been cancelled.

I will call her back later to ask more questions, like you hoping that this is just a delay and not a cancellation.

Called Rosemary when I got home and she told me that Eircom connected a couple of people to the Beggars Bush exchange and that caused problems.

This is why they run trials I guess, which is fair enough.

She told me as well that there will not be a solution for the problem until after Christmas and asked me to check back in the 2nd week after Christmas.

And I am still on the trials list.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Shred

Well I'm pencilled in for tomorrow (Wed. 19th) and Eircom tell me everything is going ahead as planned.

I'm in the Phibsboro area and i'm just posting to let people in this area know, all is well..

I'm not tryin' to take the p*** out of the rest of you though!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

Originally posted by Steve.C
    I would of thought 2-3 days sufficient to fix anything...

You are talking about the same people that take 5 to 6 weeks to install a plain old telephone line ....

well, I don't know if Eircom is giving me false hope by sending me the cd and trial agreement in the mail, but I have more confidence that the Beggars Bush exchange will be up and running in a short while!

fingers crossed

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I'm on Beggars Bush exchange too. I hope to be on the trial

(have to get a PSTN installed and tested beforehand as I only have ISDN...sigh...)

Hope it all works out, I also hope some people will update this thread with the outcome of their endeavours. Has ANYONE gotten adsl from Beggars Bush yet?

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Steve.C

The saga re: the Beggars Bush exchange continues ....

I spoke with Delores this morning to try and see if the exchange
    problems were fixed and find out when I could get a new install
    date for the trial. Unfortunately she didn't know the status and
    promised to get back to me after talking with a manager, I'm still
    waiting.

One thing that I thought others may find interesting (if a little
    dissapointing) is that she said some exchanges that had similar
    problems during the first trial were made operational and
    included in the current trial. (she declined to be specific).

I really hope that doesn't mean the Beggars Bush exchange
    will take forever to fix .....

Steve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Just got the call today saying that my installation planned for jan 7th has been cancelled because of a problem at the Beggar's Bush exchange. Not happy at all, as I got the contract and CD just a couple of days ago and they made me come off my free weekend access with NTL before they would agree to perform the installation. They weren't able to say when the problem will be solved - just said they'd be in contact. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by Tazz T
    Not happy at all, as I got the contract and CD just a couple of days ago and they made me come off my free weekend access with NTL before they would agree to perform the installation.
    That is a bit dodgy, IMHO, using technical trials to convert customers. Any preselect deal you have should not affect ADSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭java

I just spoke to the adsl people today and they couldnt give me a time frame for sorting the Beggars Bush exchange problem. However, I was told that when it is sorted I am still entitled to a full 8 weeks trial which is a relief.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Steve.C

Whatever the problem was re: the Beggars Bush exchange
    delaying it's inclusion in the current ADSL trial has been fixed.
    That "nice guy Dermot" called this morning to tell me same and schedule install for 1st Feb.

My excitement is tempered somewhat by my previous dissapointment before Christmas, but I'm sure I'll have worked
    myself up to a frenzy of anticipation again by Feb 1.

I presume they keep the same queue order re: installs, but forgot to ask. If your install date on the Beggars Bush exchange was after me (20th Dec) and is now before me (1st Feb) please post :-)

Thanks,
    Steve.

just got a call and my install date is 4th of Feb. excellent!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Originally posted by pieterw
    just got a call and my install date is 4th of Feb. excellent!

Interesting....

So, you've all got the 2 month trial as well. It seems then that as some of us who signed up before Christmas 2001, and whose trial period expires in February, will get at least a couple of months more before any arrangement is made with ODTR wrt pricing, or am I jumping the gun a bit? :)

Welcome to broadband, by the way! :D

Advertisement