Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medal of Honor Servers

Options
  • 18-12-2001 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

Anyone got any ideas of any close by servers for trying out this demo online. i tried the lowest ping server using gamespy arcade and it was crap. I estimate a ping of about 1200. Impossible to play with as you can imagine.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Come on guys, there was a list of you trying to get it downloaded and am I expected to believe that you now are not playing it at all.... I don't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

FYI, I downloaded it - testing aDSL at the mo - GameSpy Arcade showed me the fasted servers pinging at about 90 - 100 ms. Connecting to those, the ping time in game was absolute crap!!! I was getting reported pings in the game of up to the max 999ms, whereas it felt more like 5 - 6 seconds in real time. Unless the server issue is sorted, MOH is wiped permamently!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Kix

I had exactly the same problem with GameSpy. I manually pinged a few of its suggested "fastest" servers and got pings >1000ms. Rubbish.

Eventually, browsing the list of servers by eye, I found a Barry's World server. The ping was OK, sub 200ms, but the game was still unplayable with a 56k modem. I hated it to be honest. It was even worse than RTCW on 56k, and that's saying something. It also looks a lot crappier than RTCW, based on this one map and the character models incuded in the test.

I won't be playing it again until at least another test comes out.

K

Advertisement