Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth need for Video Con??

Options
  • 19-12-2001 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Just curious if the flavour of Adsl eircom are trialing is good enough for Video Conferencing and if not what kind of bandwidth would you need to do a face to face with good quality video+sound
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

This is purely a technical question and not really anything to do with the IOFFL campaign, so I'm going to move it over to the Nets/Comms forum to grab a wider/more appropriate audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

well seeing as you can get workable video & sound over a 64k ISDN channel I would say there wouldnt be many problems with a 512k adsl line (but if ure pushed about it, go for an sdsl)

theres a lot of companies around that only use dual isdn for video conferencing anyway so if they are getting the required quality out of that bandwidth then... well I dont need to say anymore

Advertisement