Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Parallel Connection

• 19-12-2001 11:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭

what i`m wondering is how do i do this its between a win2k box and a 982ndedition box

p.s network cards aint an option

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭marauder

Get yourself a Null modem cable
    You should be able to pick one up somewhere. Otherwise get a kit and google for a wiring diagram, its pretty straightforward.

You can use hyperterminal to send message or shuttle files. Don't know if newer games support direct connection.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

on the same line of thought

if i want to access a program that resides on one computer, from another 60 feet away, how do i do it ?

i did it once i think using NetMeeting but that was over the net, looking for something peer to peer @ 60 feet

ideas ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Ethernet. Either setup using 2 cables and a switch/hub or if it's just the for 2 machines and you want to save cash try a crossover cable (CAT 5 UTP is good for 100m).
    You can get decent Dlink NICs for ~20 quid each and the cable for around a tenner.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Villiros

Here's a link to a page giving rather detailed explanation:
    http://www.helmig.com/j_helmig/w2kdccdf.htm

They explain how to establish tcp/ip connection, and most games and programs should work with it.
    Shame, it was a first result for appropriate search in google.

Advertisement