Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cyrona Software ?

Options
  • 20-12-2001 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

Anyone here know what happenned to Cyrona Software ?

I'm trying to track down a guy I used to know & that's the last place I know he worked. Tried the phone number I had & the website but their both out. Is this another dot bomb ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭Enygma

I think Bard used to work there. Maybe if you PM'd him.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

fell down. went boom.
    outgoings exceeded incomings for too many months.
    Seemed like nice blokes.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Imlad Morgul

nothing worse than hearing about a group of "good guys" going bust..... it all is revolving around the dot com burst that happend not so long ago. but was there really a burst or was the hype a bout such a burst so great that internet business lost customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ThreadKiller

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

ThreadKiller - I did indeed work there up to the end. The sad state of affairs is that the company did indeed go into liquidation a short time ago. It was a great company to work for - good, honest, hard-working people who always managed to have fun through good times and bad and who created some fantastic designs and programs for the web.

DeV: "seemed like nice blokes"... that's quite an understatement, Tom :)

Send me a PM or an email and let me know who you're trying to contact and I may be able to put you in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

"Nice blokes" is the height of complement from me in this industry.

I didnt really know them so I cant say, but they seemed honest.

DeV.

Honest? ... yes, - they certainly were that... and hard-working.

But enough about that - thanks for the PM, Threadkiller. I believe I can get the message through to your intended recipient (who had himself left the company a while before things started going wobbly) - and will do so as soon as I can.

I'll be in touch.

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah jeybus yeah, I was wondering why that company name sounded so familiar... I think it was one of Bards earliest posts - "Come work for Cyrona" :)
    You really pimped that place good bard :p

Yes, I advertised jobs in Cyrona. That was when there were jobs GOING there (obviously) and the company was doing well - it was quite some time before the dot.bomb crash pulled us down with it, and it was FAR from being "one of Bard's earliest posts", ThankYouVeryMuch :p

ThreadKiller- I *should* have news for you tomorrow regarding your query.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

I met the MD, Cian, a few times (originally whey they were still Druid Technologies, if I remember correctly) and he used to send me a Christmas card every year, so I was taken aback when I read that they'd gone dot-bomb.

Nice chaps, s**t happens. I'm sure they'll bounce back.

• Advertisement
Advertisement