Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ADSL problem

• 20-12-2001 6:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Just got it installed on the trial thingymabob

Anyway, the connection seems to be a little "off". Technically its working, I'm on it now but it seems a little slow to start, i.e. takes a few seconds for the data to start sending and recieving when I start a download or click a link. A few minutes ago I tried to connect to PhantomFM Online Radio and I got this error:

"Unable to access this media, you may not be connected to the network"

I guess it's just a config error, but seeing as I'm new to this... I dunno what it could be. Any of you know?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Aww c'mon guys don't hold it against me! I need help here!

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Is that the only site you're having problems with, or did you get the thing sorted?

Have you changed the options in Internet Explorer (if you're using it?)

Gizza bit more so we have something to go on!

I dunno, I just used the eircon i-steam icon on the desktop and that did it all automatically :\

But another things, when I connect it says "could not connect to DNS Gateway" or something, it goes too fast to really see it. But it DOES connect.

Originally posted by PiE
    But another things, when I connect it says "could not connect to DNS Gateway" or something, it goes too fast to really see it. But it DOES connect.

The software that Eircom use isn't the best. I get the gateway error also, using Win2000 Pro. I haven't gotten around to doing a setup on 2k without the software client. I did do it using WinXP however, and there are NO problems whatsoever. XP has got better PPPoE than 98, for example.

Have you disabled your initial dial-up settings? The documentation that is supplied tells you what to do if you're using Internet Explorer. Tools => Internet Options => Connections => Never dial a connection should be checked. Make sure that the settings under LAN are in.

Have you managed to get anywhere? It sounds like a simple misconfiguration to me.

Try http://www.speedguide.net for tips on tweaking etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

how did you get on the trial thingy as I rang up and was told that i would have to wait for the regulator to sort things out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Get RASPPPOE its much better than the Eircon software.

I have found that the I-stream just WILL NOT connect to certain domains - the main one being www.eircom.ie - rofl. Maybe they have fixed that now, its not like i browse that particular website much:)

The internet settings appear to be correct. I'm no expert though.

I'll try the RASPPPOE now, and unfortunately; yes they have fixed the eircom.ie problem ;)

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Hmm, I can't get in to www.eircom.ie (on the trial). Ity's the first url that's given me a problem. Something to do with the broadvision backend perhaps?

Same here - using PPPoE in Win XP.

I'll try it in Win 2000 later.

Very odd....

EDIT: Odder still. The problem wasn't there using Win 2000 - ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I also have a problem with ADSL-

I don't bloody have it!

Sorry, just had to say what most were thinking....:D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

[url]www.eircom.ie:[/url]

The page cannot be displayed
    The page you are looking for is currently unavailable. The Web site might be experiencing technical difficulties, or you may need to adjust your browser settings.

lol:)
    Still havent fixed it. Pretty funny i think:)

FAQ 5. Does this protocol support internal or USB DSL modems?
    Basically yes, but you require a driver for your modem that exposes the Ethernet medium type (NdisMedium802_3) in addition to this protocol. This medium type is sometimes referred to as RFC 1483 encapsulation or RFC 2684 encapsulation. You may also have to find out the VCI and VPI parameters your service provider uses. To check if you can communicate with your service provider, run RASPPPOE.EXE after installing the protocol and click the Query Available Services button. If you get at least one service offer listed, your setup is working.

Er... where can I get the NdisMedium802_3? All I find on google is explanations of them, there's a download file right?

Advertisement