Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOFFL - Its Time to show what your Worth

Options
  • 21-12-2001 2:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

Ok ye have tried the Pen...been gracefull and its just not working! Eircom / OTDR ..whoever! have once again gotten away with another year of CRAP! People have waited for results.... Its time ye re-vitalised your Pens and did something that actually works.

MS

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

So instead of coming up with ideas and providing any sort of useful contribution you've taken to moaning and bitching about some sort of vitamin enhanced pens?

Grow up for **** sake. I'm not sure how old you are but I've seen four year olds with more skills.

.logic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

I think your absolutly right MS! Ireland offline should stop working with 'pens" and take more direct action!

How about a bombing campaign ? It would be fairly easy to plant some explosive devices in some eircom buildings, and under some vans! We could also do punishment beatings and cruxifictions for eircom management and even burn down their houses! That will show them who's boss!!

We could make a game of it, see who can cause the most damage! Personally, I plan on cutting all the brake wires on all the eircom vans at my local exchange, you know, a bit of action for the cause.

In case you couldn't tell, I was being sarcastic. MS - your a tit, altho Ireland offline mightn't be doing a good job in making eircom a better company, but they have made their ground, and continue their worthly cause.

You should seriously concider f ucking off, before you get hurt, all you do is post brainless dribble, if your older than 14, I would be seriously surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭NeilF

Originally posted by MS
    Ok ye have tried the Pen...been gracefull and its just not working! Eircom / OTDR ..whoever! have once again gotten away with another year of CRAP! People have waited for results.... Its time ye re-vitalised your Pens and did something that actually works.

MS

And instead of writing what are we to do with the pens that have failed us so miserably in the past? Make pea-shooters?

If rubbishing the efforts of IrelandOffline makes you feel better can you do it in emails to yourself because there are two things standing between us and decent net access. Our favourite telco being one, and stupid posts like this being the other.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

MS, I'm only going to say this once, so pay attention:

Since you started posting in the IrelandOffline forum, we have had to tolerate regular rants from you, debasing both the committee and the people we are trying to work with - in fact you first came to my attention with one of these posts. Your arguments in these particular posts are invariably badly constructed and quite often offensive, again both to the committee and the people we are trying to work with. It is important to point out that whether these people are considered our enemies or not, absolutely nothing will be achieved by being offensive towards them, either by actions or with words. The only way forward, the only way to achieve our goals, is with dialog, whether you, or anyone in IrelandOffline, likes it or not.

It is obvious to me, and to many others, that you are not happy. You are not happy with the actions of many of the committee members; you are not happy with the progress of IrelandOffline; and most particularly, you are not happy with the situation we all find ourselves in. Let me make something crystal clear to you - none of us are happy with our current situation. Every single one of us is paying too much for Internet connectivity. Some of us are unable to use the Internet to its maximum potential, and many of us find our businesses threatened by this very situation. It does not need to be voiced on our behalf - we know. All your rants are achieving is the creation of more anger, which is not conducive to progress.

Contrarily, some of your posts are well constructed, thoughful, and even thought-provoking on occasion. That's why both myself and Niall have been patient with you; that's why Niall wouldn't accede to your request to be banned from the board; and that's why I haven't been posting in your threads of late. It is obvious to me that you are not going to correct your behaviour though, and to that end I am issuing you with a warning. If you post again in this manner - and please don't insult either your or my intelligence by asking me to define the "manner" - I will accede to your previous request and ban you from the IrelandOffline forum for one month, without warning. If you return after the ban and continue with the same behaviour, I will ban you completely.

This is not censorship - I am giving you the option of correcting your behaviour by controlling your emotions, and if you do so, nothing will change - you will be free to browse and post on this forum as usual. If you do not, however, there will be no argument, and no appeal to either myself or Niall. You may at your option appeal to the Administrators of Boards.ie, but I believe they will support this decision.

Again, I want to point out that I'm only going to say this once, there will be no further warnings, and my next response if you decide to flout this warning will be as outlined above. Additionally, I need to make it clear that I will not be drawn into an argument on this topic.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I'd like to add that I agree 100% with Adam on this. It's possible that MS is acting in this way simply because he *does* want to be banned. If so, he's plainly just a twit and deserves what he gets. If not, I'm sure he'll correct himself and converse and behave in a manner more befitting a mature human being.

I think we need some adjustments/fixes made to the moderators control panel and that needs bringing to the Admins attention(s) ... (i.e.: a banlist and an "unban" option).

Anyway... the ball's in your court, MS.

Take it easy,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Calman

I like you're style Adam, ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Originally posted by bubbles
    if your older than 14, I would be seriously surprised.

Can we stop with the ageism, please? Besides, that's offending to 14 year olds like me to be stereotyped as immature...

~NR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

MS,

Its time to grow up mate.

Here are a few facts...
    IrelandOffline are a lobby group. The act of lobbying in any context is not a task known for its brevity. You seem to be living in CloudCooKoo Land as to simplicity of the resolution of major issues facing us all. The CUT campaign in the UK were lobbying for at least 2-3 years to the best of my knowledege, to try and achieve things we too aspire to. Of couse we would like to achieve things quickly but thats not the nature of the Telecoms Sector in Ireland, despite our efforts to rock the boat. Martin had intimated a disbandenment date of Christmas 2001 but I think he even would admit that was optimistic (and also before certain other external holdups to LLU etc.).

For the last 10 days or so I've just been browsing the forum intermittanly because I was doing exams and the absolute shíte you are posting is totally counter productive. This is not a playground for impotent enfant provacateurs to prick around piss everyone else off. Take this search of Topics you have started since the Blackout...Here
    Its just been shíte about how nothings goin on....BOO HOO I'm bored, theres nothing on TV lets just randonmly fill up some cyberspace....etc. etc.

There is stuff goin on...All the effin time, but Theres not likely to be serious ground breaking Telecoms sector announcments or Political Developments over Christmas as with most things (you know ppl are on their holliers), so until you have something mildly resembling a nanogram of sense to post (and ffs will you use a dictionary from time to time), I suggest you occupy yourself elsewhere.

And Niall / Adam....
    Dont Ban Him/Her. Its what it wants...ie- to metamorphorisise itself as "MS1"(God Forbid)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

While MS made one or two valid points in the past I think he/she is making so much useless contributions now that they are just wasting our bandwidth.

The whole plea to be banned was very strange indeed. Don't visit the forum is the solution. Banning this user would probably be greeted with "They're banning Free Speech Now" "I got banned for saying what I thought " etc.

Start your own organisation mate and let us know how it goes. The Peoples Front of Judea or the Judeans People Front or ....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭MS

Ye all have a go at and make fun of me ok fine. Go on ye guys and have Fun doing it and while your at it. Kick / Ban slag / laugh / degrade / or whatever ye feel like doing. I just dont care n e more. (just like ye lot) Your heads are sooo high in the clouds ye forget how ye got up there in the first place. People come on here to show frustration / support (for and against) / give new ideas / help whenever they can / and lots more. The trouth is there are a lot of people just like me.... afraid to come in here and do just that. Why ? "Its called Freedom of Speech". But they all see what i see. "Its not allowed in here". Ye guys are soo used to all the tech stuff and so used to talking way above anyone else it totally annoy's the hell out of ye if anyone new or otherwise tries to post here. ( look at some of the people ye have done this too... dont ask me.... ye think about it) Thats ok thats fine bully for ye. To ADAM Your point is understood mate. But the simple trouth is i dont give a s h 1 t how crystal u are. Do what u want mate and call it what u like. To Bard I have to say u were right but remember i did ask to be barred. Do you want to know why ?....... Read above. I can just see it now... Adam .... Hell i warned him i made it crystal BANNED! Its sooo easy to do that aint it!. Ye go guys. Would it surprise ye to know that there is 58 people that come here have just learnt to read ? That they come here and feel like they are in the Stone Age and ye all are like Star Treck to them ? I dont care n e more or what ye think and Adam u go ahead mate u do what u feel is right. U will always look good n e way no matter what.

MS

• Advertisement

80p..... Nice one mate. U keep that up and u will go far and i mean really FAR! And when u want it to stop u will have to make a desicion on just how BROWN you want your ****** to be. S h1t its hard to do that aint it ?

MS

While MS made one or two valid points in the past I think he/she is making so much useless contributions now that they are just wasting our bandwidth.

You say "OUR" as if i am not included in it too ? Why ??

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You back in from the pub, MS?

LOL! nice one Mountjoy Mugger but i never went to the Pub to actually be back from it. But its obovious u are :)

Nice one :)

MS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

My opinion is that any further interaction to be had with MS should be done with pm's, to do with this topic anyway. This thread should also be locked, it has now become a major troll bait.

MS please stop replying to this thread, its not doing anyone any good, and least of all yourself I would say if anything its causing yourself more frustration than anything, and it would just be better if you left it alone. Please note though that I am not ordering you to stay away, it is simply a request, for everybodies sake including and especially yours.

Baz_

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Pragmatica

hmmm ... there is something baddly wrong with this forum .. I said it form the start .... it's totally biases ... I dont mind free speach ... I'm tolerant and intoralable to some maybe ... but I totally agree with MS ... Some issues !!!!

1) When were we required to have a degree in network technology, commersailisim, telecoms etc... etc .. etc .. etc .. ect ... etc .. etc ... etc ... to post a message on this forum ????

2) Mayb u little elete group of 10 people that are the only people allowed to post here and say what they like without rebutal dont want to discuss the issue that MS has raised here ... but some of us other members would like too ... even sh1tty topics wheather or not I think this topic is ****ty or others are ... (I dont think it is)

3) Why cant we as members complain about about the direction things are going ?

4) There is extreme bias on behalf of the moderaters here ... for example ...

4i) Why is it that certain criteria is not adhered to for all memebrs ? like locking and moving and deleting ? e.g topic "If Dublin screams WAR On EIRCOM ?" ... if this post wasn't mad by MS it wouldn't have been locked ... I've mentioned as many other have in topics about the inequality between dublin and other parts of the country ... and thoes topics haven't been locked ... it's just the bullies again picking on another member of our forum ...

4ii) another example ... Topic "Why did my ADSL line test fail ?" posted by god knows who ... What had that topic got to do with the IFFOL ? Why was it not moved to the Network Tech board ? like so many posts here ? ... if I posted a new topic like "Why is there smoke comming out of my ADSL modem ?" Would it remain here as a discussion on the goals of IFFOL ? Probably not ... I do however feel it's fair that this is a discussion board and that members here should be allowed to didcuss whatever they want as long as it within line of debating the internet within Ireland ... and where abouts within ireland @ that i.e DUBLIN ... What exactly make a topic a troll topic Bard ? That it's posted from someone that's less educated than U ? not that I think MS is ... We all have pluses and minuses ... I think u just cant see ur own ... I know if more people were allowed to speak up on this forum .. that U'd get a hell of a lot more critizim than MS ... u just delet their topics and threaten them whit ban and they never post again ... Where are all our members btw that signed up @ the start ? there not posting here thats for sure!

4iii) Further more ... insted of asking MS to avoid comming here and posting replied in ur topics ... why dont u hold yourself to the same standard and not read, reply, lock, delete his ... I dont think that it would be a major problem for anybody not to read his topics if they didnt want to or reply to them in the same mannor ...

4iv) I just had a weird though there ... maybe I'm being offencive according to the word of our lord Bard and just didn't know it until u made me see the light of my ignorance towards U ... LOL

5) I do think looking @ the topic here that there is about 20 members @ most posting ... nobody else here want to post anything in fear og getting the ur less educted than us treatment now p1ss off or u'll be banned ... our group is gotta be inclusive of everybody and if there is gona be a spilt in opinion well I'm sure MS has the right to post topic's here regurading his own group (if he starts one) that's lobboying for unmerted access ... if I set up a new group today with the same goals in mind but with a diffrent approach ... would u prevent me from posing topics here saying "I think IFFOL has failed badly and failed to put enough pressure on that I have decided to start my own group which will have a more active roll for it's members by way of national protest ... I invite member of IFFOL whom are really disatisfied to join our group" Well ? Would U allow the topic here ?

If not ... that's really sad ... cause u'd posablly be the person the hindering the advance of proper internet access ... espically in the case that maybe all but u 20 elete members might sign up and like the approach and get something done ...

If yes .. then ur a phucken hypocrite ... as I only made the same complaint above that other members have made about IFFOL's direction that u want to ban them for ...

I'd love to sit and chat all night but it's costing me a fortuing still :(

Please delete my account from this forum too ... I only come here to see what being done for internet access ... not to see who's better educated, who more popular, how has faild a line test fo ADSL or the intricate cirteria used to moderate forums ...

I find U offencive ... No really! I do! ... not taking away anything from some of ur brillient posts and ur great education that maybe me, MS or others have paided for throuh hard work ... U never know ... MS might know didly sqwat about this that or the other ... me too ... I got a 5 min memory and not any degree but MS could have build the place where u studied ...

Socity is all about working to and for each other ... Eircom is lacking in that respect and so is this forum to a lesser extent ...

Goodbye to all memebrs and have a Merry Christmas all ...

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Please delete my account from this forum too ... I only come here to see what being done for internet access ... not to see who's better educated, who more popular, how has faild a line test fo ADSL or the intricate cirteria used to moderate forums ...

Happy Christmas. Be careful what you wish for etc...

Account closed, thread locked.

DeV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Account closed

It already was. (Well, banned anyway.)

thread locked

It already was.

Pay attention Nasty Santa DeV. :)

Bah humbug,
    adam

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

no, pragmatica has left the building completely, I thought he was asking for that. *shrug* would probably have banned him anyway. Uncivility gets on my wick.

Closed threads pose no block to admins (or mods it seems).

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement