Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 computerrs one connection

• 02-08-2000 7:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭

for some reason win explorer wont detect the settings . anything i might of missed ???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭OctaviaN

ok going buy the subject cos i couldnt really make sense of the post u have 2 machine u want to connect to the internet??

if (machines = networked) then
    myreply = not sure without NT;
    else
    (use the 2 telephone cables and plug into telephone double adapter wall socket);

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

If you have your computers networked together, WinMe offers internet sharing as a standard feature

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭lphchild

try wingate(http://www.deerfield.com) or sys gate.

lph

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

If you have your computers networked together, WinMe offers internet sharing as a standard feature

...as does Windows'98 SE (and Win2000, I think).

Bard

|home page|scary éire

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

igf ur using a proxy, you have to tell win explorer on the non-proxy machine to conect to the proxy.

goto view and internet options, then connection and put in the address of the other machine as the proxy.
    Gav

• Advertisement
Advertisement