Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone got a spare DSL connection??

Options
  • 21-12-2001 8:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

:D Just got my kit today and it is all wired up,but the lads at eircom fuvk-up.They forgot to setup my DSL connection(username+password) so it is a bit like having a porche but no roads to drive it on.Unfortunatley there system is down and they will not be able to do anything until Monday.So if anybody out there has two accounts(very unlikely)and would like to donate one to me for the weekend:D I think I could probally fit you on my Xmas list..............

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

I think it is indeed unlikely.

As well as that, you need to remember that the username/passwords are linked to the phone numbers supplied to Eircom by the testers.

They'd be dumped uncermoniously off the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

They did the EXACT same thing to me - except mine was installed thursday, so i had time to sort it out....

Line is a bit dodgy too.... I've been dissed now a few times.....

Tis nice to have - but i've already exceeded that 3gig cap - and there is no chance whatsoever of me paying anything over £50 for this service....

And if they keep the cap, i also wont touch it, unless the base price is close to £20 or £30 a month.....
    And only then would I consider it ....

The only reason they'd be capping the service is greed.

->

Advertisement