Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Double Standards.

• 22-12-2001 7:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

So when Palistine does it, it's wrong but when Israel does it all they get is a reprimand?

I see the US have just agreed to give Israel more weapons as well. Of course those children killed could of been possible terrorists so it's all ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭American

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Of course those children killed could of been possible terrorists so it's all ok.

Excuse me, but it is not okay for you to imply that it is okay with Americans that children or noncombatants are killed, whether Palestinian, Israeli, American, or Irish.

Seems to me the Irish and the Palistinians and the Israelis have all killed enough children to make us all want to vomit. And we're not happy about the ones we have killed either.

Got a solution to these messes? What do you recommend the participants in these acts do that is realistic given their circumstances? Some of these children are done intentionally or with reckless disregard which is dasdardly and some are unintended, which is still horrible.

Solution to bombings/killing of innocents in Northern Ireland?
    Solution to bombings/killing of innocents in Israel or in areas controlled by the Palestian authority?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,663 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Hmmm. Ive read that a couple of times and I still dont see the part where it says that this was anything but a messed up operation against terrorists.

Does anybody understand the part where terrorists deliberately target children?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Yes American I have a solution.

Stop giving Israel over 5 billion dollars a year in military aid. If you want to gaurantee Israeli security, do it the same way you do with Kuwait. By giving arms to the Israelis and protecting Israel in the UN from any kind of international observers, the USA is guilty of praticipating in the brutal occupation, annexation and colonization of Palestinian terroritories. This is a pretty far cry from "all men are created equal", then again the Middle East is a pretty long way away from the US, so I guess out of sight out of mind huh?
    Allow the UN to put international monitors into the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, this means that the next time the UN wants to put monitors into the conflict don't veto the resolution, like the US has done over 20 times before. If the US and Israel have nothing to hide, then what are the two countries so scared of resolutions passed by the UN? Impartiality, objectivity, being exposed as neo-colonialists?
    Oh and a state for the Palestinians is a bare minimum and when you are creating this state, try not to annex 10% of Palestine to Israel, try not to crate another 10% of Palestine as a grey-area where Israel may colonize if it wishes, try not to have the Palestinian state criss-crossed by Israeli controled (Jew only) roads, also try not to give 20 times the preference and right to water to 60,000 Jewish colonists then you do to the 2 million Palestinian "natives", also try not to take away arab East Jerusalem. No wonder Arafat couldn't accept the peace deal, because that is more or less what you were asking the Palestinians to swallow.

Maybe the US constitution should be rewritten, "All men are crated equal, but Israelis are alot more equal, Palestinians are terrorists, oh and watch out if you have alot of oil in your country the USA reserves the right to make you less equal after all it is in US interests"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

Originally posted by Sand
    Does anybody understand the part where terrorists deliberately target children?
    Ah now bud, there's no difference. I mean, sure in the law, there's no such thing as accidentally killin' someone, is there? I mean, if you kill someone, you meant it, roight?

Hopefully they'll understand eventually, Sand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by American
    Excuse me, but it is not okay for you to imply that it is okay with Americans that children or noncombatants are killed, whether Palestinian, Israeli, American, or Irish.

Ahh, I should of used a Sarcasm smiley for the new people in the audience. -> :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Sand
    Hmmm. Ive read that a couple of times and I still dont see the part where it says that this was anything but a messed up operation against terrorists.

So putting bombs into public areas where children play with the hopes of killing a terrorist is ok by you? Boy I hope no Al Quida are holed up in your neighbourhood.

Am I the only one who actually read the article? The Israelis put a bomb into a public area and killed 5 children and then blamed it on an attack by Palistinans? For that they get repremanded when it's eventually found out?

Lets see 5 murders (because that's what they are), covering up the truth of the incident. Hmm, if it was any other country (like America) I would like to think those people and those who took part in it went to jail for a long time.
    Solution to bombings/killing of innocents in Northern Ireland?

This has been discussed before, check out humanities. I'm not aware has their been any new sectarian killings recently? Only ones I'm aware of is the people threatening kids who are trying to go to school.

• Advertisement
Advertisement