Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q3 sound

Options
  • 22-12-2001 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭

does anyone know a command to get rid of that ambient sound in Quake3...the buzzing etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

don't know a command, but you could just delete the *.wav files from the quake 3 pk3 files using win rar or win zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

s_doppler 0 gets rid of the swoosh when a rocket passes close by
    i dunno if thats what you're looking for..?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

no afaik, little blurts beeps and whooshes piss me off too.

ask koopa, he may know the answer

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭ThrAx

I thought he just moved his head around erratically

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

s_ambient 0

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 496 ✭✭Bunny

hey sam..i tried the s_ambient the other day
    and it didnt seeem to work....all the wierd noises on t4 were still there...???
    I'll do the deleting wavs etc when i get back down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭saik

seriously, don't remove the files, cos, you won't be able to connect to any pure servers...... i.e. all of them

best you can do: say pak6.pk3 is the latest one you have in baseq3, make pak7.pk3, and put in replacement null wavs in the sound directories so they will override the id (pak0.pk3) ambient sounds.

bit of a pain in the hole, and you wont be able to use this extra pak most of the time....

p.s s_ambient doesn't work at all?
    is it broke, or does it have another function?

Advertisement