Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moniter problem

• 22-12-2001 3:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

The damn thing keep flickering, any ideas?

I formatted my harddrive the other day and after finding a driver that works for my moniter ( although not the driver for my moniter) it won't stop flickering.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

Erm only thing I can think of is have u got your mobile fone switched on close to the monitor? Try turning off all nearby electrical appliances. Apart from that try using standard windows drivers, perhaps in Safe Mode. If nothing works then AFAIK your monitor is b0rked. And you can't really do much about a broken monitor except buy a new one :(:( sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Start Troubleshooting:-

Check all the cables are secure. Try another monitor, if that works fine, then degauss your old monitor(might work), otherwise it's fooked.

If another monitor doesn't work fine, try what Zaphod said. Send urself a txt msg and hold your phone up beside the screen. If the flickering is identical, bingo, keep your phone on the opposite side of the room. Otherwise check the seating of your vid card. emmm... that's about it(Hardware-wise) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Run from the house as it's obviously about to blow up due to the dragon inside it that keeps poking the aparture grill. Have you tried using a different dragon, or putting wolly non-conductive gloves on him?.....

Or....

Mebbe it's just the refresh rate since you've made the point of saying you can't find a driver for the mon. If you have the manual then you can find the max refresh rates for it. depending on your OS you can set this yourself. With Win98/2k/XP you can do it from Display Properties / Advanced and either the adapter or monitor (Again OS dependant) tabs.
    As for what to set it to. I supposed PnP should be best but then that depends on whether the monitor plays by the rules or not. You could try a standard monitor type of the resolution you're most likely to use (Eg. Super VGA Monitor).
    If none of that works get hold of PowerStrip and you can use it to force any refresh rate you find to be safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Zaphod Beeblebrox

You went off the point a bit there Creed. Going back to the real problem, drop a few virgins and/or knights down the grille about twice a week and your dragon should be happy.

Advertisement