Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone ever heard of teo.ie??

Options
  • 22-12-2001 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭

Hi all

I recently switched a site's hosting from indigo to another in the UK and people are having problems viewing it site

on some pcs instead of going to the site it throws up a page displaying:

"www.teo.ie You are using a browser that does not handle hostnames in the HTTP header.

Please use hxxp://www.teo.ie/companyname.ie/ to access the page you require"

I've tried too many things to list, basically some people can see it ok and others get the error, regardless of what isp they're using :(

Anyone have any ideas at all on what the problem might be?

Many Thanks
    g

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Terminator

if you changed the server recently give it 72 hours before worrying too much. Eircom and Indigo are notorious for not updating their dns tables on a regular basis. That's probably all it is. Btw I dialled up with Dellnet and it appeared fine

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

yeah the switch came through nearly 2 weeks ago. www.teo.ie is registered to Indigo so I think the problem lies with them still.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

not sure if ya thought it was fixed or not, but it didn't work for me got this.

"www.teo.ie

You are using a browser that does not handle hostnames in the HTTP header.

Please use http://www.teo.ie/companyname.ie/ to access the page you require"

Gideon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭jmcc

Originally posted by G
    Hi all

I recently switched a site's hosting from indigo to another in the UK and people are having problems viewing it site

on some pcs instead of going to the site it throws up a page displaying:

"www.teo.ie You are using a browser that does not handle hostnames in the HTTP header.

Indigo's DNS is giving bad information for www.dillonproductions.com. You have to contact the hostmaster in Indigo to get them to delete the entry in their DNS list.

Regards...jmcc

Regards...jmcc

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭G

thx jmcc, hope you're right

• Advertisement
Advertisement