Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asuscom Ta Card

• 23-12-2001 12:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭

I have an asuscom TA card that works grand with win95/98. I got a new machine runnin XP last week and have had nothing but problems with the TA. I have the new 3.6.9 drivers and it does install correctly and it does connect okay. I can ping servers in dos, etc but I can't load web pages correctly or connect to servers let alone download. I'm back on win2k and using an old external TA I have. Anybody know what could be up with the asuscom??
    Walt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

So you are saying it doesn't work on win2k either? Strange, as I know of a few people using the internal asuscom on win2k with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

You can ping so you do have a stable connection, which would point to a software issue not directly related to the TA.

What happens if you enter the IP address for the server instead of the URL? Or try to ping the same server with it's full DNS name instead of the IP?

This sounds more like a DNS issue. If you run IPCONFIG /ALL, is a DNS server listed? You need this to resolve the friendly names you use for URLs into the actual IP's the computer/TA will use to contact the servers.
    Your ISP may assign DNS servers automatically along with your IP (I know Eircom do now). But some don't and you may have to enter them manually. Check the properties of your Win2k dial up connection for the correct settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

I did most of that already, I pinged ns1.tinet.ie and it's IP and they seem to be pinging alright. I ran IPCONFIG \ALL and it loaded something which quickly closed again. I've checked my dialing properties and ****e and they seemed to be okay. I also entered my DNS Primary and Secondary IP's earlier and it didn't make any difference.
    Walt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

well, i had the same problem; sort of , the card kept detecting loopback, does it get to the verifying username and password stage? and then gives the error or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

eh open a command prompt to run IPCONFIG /ALL from instead of just typing it in the run box. That way it won't disappear when its finished.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

Right, this is the reply i got from inconfig /all

DHCP NO
    IP Address 159.134.163.248
    Subnet mask 255.255.255.255
    Default Gateway 159.134.163.248
    DNS Servers 159.134.237.6

Anything??? oh ye, it's still not workin :/...pages just keep hangin...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

There's summat up with IE then more likely. Have you cleared history files/deleted all offline content? Tried running a repair or reinstall?
    Dealing with IE 6 in Xp is a pain I know so you could probably try a 3rd party browser to test it first.

Advertisement