Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator Bias choaking IOFFL

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SkepticOne

Originally posted by smokin' an'chewin' man
    Originally posted by gandalf Why no information ? why no action ? why no feedback ? why no meetigs ? why why why why ? and..........why lock criticism threads ? why attack critical posts ? why the abuse and arrogant dictatorial slurring of members trying to carry on legitimate threads ?
    Why no smokin' an'chewin' man at the blackout handing out leaflets in the street?[/B]

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

That's exactly what you and others are saying.

QUOTE ME PLEASE. Show me where I said the committee cannot be critised. Please quote me, go on I bet you can't fire one up!
    In whose opinion ? not the members posting.

So someone calling for mailing bombing Eircom is a usefull post in your opinion then ? Well is it ?
    You worked for your manager. We dont work for you.

Read this thread, its for all newcomers http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3451. And incase your too lazy or you think I'm oppressing you by asking you to read it heres what it says.

When posting here, please be polite and to the point. If you've read the main site and the FAQ, you'll probably be pretty annoyed, but try to remember that we're all annoyed too, if not a lot more. Also, if you need to be critical, that's fine, but please try to make it constructive. If you're unhappy with the way we're handling things, say so, but not unless you have suggestions for improvement.

Its on a thread called Newcomer? Check here first... IOFFL have asked you to critise them constructively.
    Here we go again. Criticism = whinging. The standard response.

No just criticism with no alternative etc.
    So ? they volunteered !!!

All we have tried to do is ask questions. Why no information ? why no action ? why no feedback ? why no meetigs ? why why why why ? and..........why lock criticism threads ? why attack critical posts ? why the abuse and arrogant dictatorial slurring of members trying to carry on legitimate threads ?

Firstly as I said in a previous reply you did email members of the IOFFL with your concerns? You seem to feel really strongly about this, normally I would go straight to the people concerned and ask them out straight, tell me you did do that first.

As for why threads were closed ask one of the moderators of this forum.
    Then stop trying to shut people up who disagree about how the effort is being implemented.

I'm stopping no one here. Show me where I have locked a thread or deleted a post on this forum.

The VERY RIGHT that members are trying to exercise against the attacks you and others are making !!! A right that YOU are insisting in KEEPING !!!

As I have no function on this forum, bar been an ordinary member I cannot attack anyone except disagree with what they are saying. Like I find your attitude to be very unhelpful and unconstructive. Now before you come back with your "oppressing the masses" arguement, remember on this board I am a member of the masses.
    How arrogant. How arrogant you are in dealing with legitimate members of the IOFFL who simply want to carry on a thread discussing concerns and criticisms we have about how the IOFFL is operated.

Sorry I am a member of IOFFL as is anyone in this country with an Interest in reasonable Internet charges. I am not arrogant at all I call a spade a spade and as far as I'm concerned you are trolling. Sorry if I hurt your feeling etc but that is the case.

The IOFFL should be ashamed of itself.

Wrong, the people on the committee should be proud of all the good work that they have done. I know that when we do eventually get Internet access sorted it in this country IOFFL will have played its part.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by gandalf

Well tbh unless this thread is actually going anywhere which I believe it isn't then it probably will be closed.

That's the most astonishing and arrogant attitude imaginable and speaks VOLUMES about the attitude of this committee toward it's members.

How can we take you seriously when you cannot differenciate between an IOFFL member and a Committee member?
    Seriously, You both seem to have severe trouble in telling people apart. Noone else has, maybe the other forum will suit you better SACM.

I really cant be bothered to reply to any more of the arsè in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I think some of the earlier sentiments expressed in this thread about IOFFL not moving fast enough, not acting as a pressure group and not fulfilling it's role properly could be true.

It's obvious that this post has become a bit of a troll, and it's only natural - It seems to me that this is a by-product of peoples discontent with the speed things are moving at. For every normal 1000 members of the organisation there's going to be a small minority that end up posting crap up on this board because they're not satisfied. Well I can tell you i'm not really satisfied either but i'm not going to flame or be be destructive towards the organisation but say that as an IOFFL member i'd like :

Members should recieve progress reports, we should be better informed on what is going on, when the next meeting is, what actions are being taken ... etc.. So we can offer our help and participate in the group through discussion etc...

IOFFL to strive to fulfill their role better, and inform their membership on how they're fulfulling their role as a pressure group on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Delphi91

*Rolling his sleeves up*

Ok folks, here's the thing:

Either all the childish behaviour on ALL sides stops right now, or else I'm gonna have to come in here and start knocking heads together and kicking ass BIG TIME!!!!!!

All that's missing here is a few posts like "My brother is bigger than your brother...".."My father drives a bigger car than your father"

For crying out loud folks, can we stop losing the plot here????

We all have a common goal. Did anyone stop for just one minute to think what the public impression of this silly bickering might be? I only caught the first few posts yesterday and today there is 4 pages of it!!!!!

Any Telco employee reading these posts must be LOVING it - internal dissention amongst the troops - it always leads to an armies downfall.

So, lets all stand back and take a deep breath....

Now don't make me come back in here again, ok? As a cult TV show of the 70's would say - "Don't make me angry, you wouldn't like me when I'm angry"

Mike

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

smokin' an'chewin' man.
    ok so your not happy with what has happend so far wiht IOFFL.
    then other that posting on this board what are you going to do,
    are you trying to help run a blackout handing out leaflets ?
    have you send a letter to your TD ?
    your talking about other people beening inatcive but what are you doing ????????
    i do not see any posts with great new ideas on how to get DSL or free local calls.

as for the mods well they post all over all 65 boards on boards.ie with "mod" under the name and on one seems to have a problem with it. if anyone is scared then thats there fault as they have not botherd to read the board (it tells you who is the mod of the board)

the people posting on this board care just as much as you about getting cheep net access, they just read the boards that they care about as there is 65 you can not read them all.

Coyote

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

This behaviour by the IOFFL commitee and its moderators is a disgraceful and arrogant attack on members ability to free speech and free discussion of the issues. This thread has been attacked at every turn and members have on the whole been intimidated against even taking part in this thread by the arrogance of a group of moderators.

It is a disgrace and the IOFFL should be ashamed of itself.

Its quite arrogant that you presume you have the majority, or even a small minority, of ioffl members that think the same way you do about this subject backing you.

Has it occoured to you that you seem to be one of the vast minority that actually have a problem with the ioffl comittee, and/or the organisation as a whole?

Of course it hasn't, you've been too busy enjoying the flaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

Since I posted at this thread last it seems to have desolved into further drivel and moral decay...

It's obvious people do not like the rulership/dictatorship here...but that happens everywhere, we learn to live with it.

Bertie Ahern effectively runs the country, some people don't like him, they live with it.

IOFFL is more or less the same, the mods effectively run it, some people don't like them...but (here's where it gets different) for some reason they revolt.

If you don't like it, you really have two (perhaps three) choices...

(A) Leave

(B) Put up with it and carry on fighting for the true cause (which is the point after all, right?)

or (C) Politely state the problems that they have (perhaps privately) to the admins.

Now, can we get back to the true problems? Getting adsl and friaco, for instance? Or would you rather win some petty argument...?

~Noel

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

This kind of behaviour is unacceptable at this particular moment. Don't like it? **** you! You are the weakest link, goodbye!

Elana, Brendan, words can't express it. I smoked inumerable cigars tonight in celebration. Wish I was there! Really!

Merry Christmas! Elana! Brendan! Patrick!!

adam

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement