Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flashback!-Your first album and/or single

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

Originally posted by Yurmasyurda
    First album... mmmm

Twas David Bowie, black tie white noise and what a good album it is too!

Got some of the singles off that album. Jump was a great song and an great music video.

I'm going to encode those singles now actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

WOOOOHOOOO!! G'WAN HUP YA BOYA PLYD GG ... and other assorted sayings
    (Going through an "Iron Maiden" phase at the moment.)

'Maiden, now there's a band I hadn't listened to in about 10/11 years (since seeing them in the Point in '90)-

But yeah, I'd have to say my passion for all things 'Maiden has been recently re-awoken (all things 'Maiden up to S.S.O.A.S.S. though ;)) by a dude I know in Switzerland who's a 'Maiden nut!

I recently bought 'Somewhere in time' on cd, pretty cool album:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭Wolf

Micheal Jackson.
    Bad.
    On Tape.
    Was 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

first heavy album was join the army.
    still listen to it actually.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Shred

I recently bought 'Somewhere in time' on cd, pretty cool album:)
    I got a lovely gift from a friend a while back - every Maiden album (except the most recent) on MP3 all on one CD - classic!

I really must learn how to play Phantom Of The Opera - oh how I love it so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

First Tape i got was Adam Ant - Stand and deliver
    First single i bought was Grandmaster Flash - The Message (how cool is that eh? my second was kids from fame or something, just to blow any cred i might have got.)
    First El Pee was Imagination - Music and Lights
    First CD was Suede - Suede (i didnt get a cd for ages)

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Their Album, Vegas, was my very first CD Purchase... Other than that I can't remember...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Single - Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen - 1982 - I was 8 (old man)

Album - AC/DC - Highway to Hell - 1982 also (yeah i know it was released in 79!)

I STILL have both these records which is pretty amazing. one side of highway to hell though is scratched to ****e.

First CD hmmm... i dunno.....first tape.....hmmm....i dunno.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

alvin and the chipmonks on vinal
    but the firts album i went into a record shop and bought was the best of tears for fears. which reminds me, i must get that on cd :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

first album - W.A.S.P.-THE LAST COMMAND,I was about 10.Then there was Status Quo(went to see them in the rds in `88)In the army Now.Iron maiden - run to the hills(their best album ever)

First single Think it was called 68 guns by the alarm??????

Sad or what!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

98 GUNS. :)
    MIND IT WELL

oops caps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Michael Jackson bad was the first albuum... i did'nt really buy singles. I think my first was Bartman too.

Advertisement