Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I've been sick for ages :(

Options
  • 24-12-2001 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Ebola Flu or something. :( Anyway got my pressie early because I'm stuck in bed.

Return to Wolfinstein.

I'm sure I am going to get flamed :) (and it's not the drugs talking)

But the game is nice. Heck I have it in 1024x768 with max everything and it runs like a dream. But the game while some of it is different it is more of the same kind of thing?

Actually I would have to say if you liked "No one lives forever" then you would probably like this game as it's trying to play in the same vein (not always a simple shootem up, although NOLF did a better job at it).

The multiplayer is supposed to be intresting but seeing as my machine isn't connected to the net I'll never know for some time. :/

Only other thing I'm playing is Commandos too. Finally made it to the bridge over the river Kwai level. Here's a tip kill a guy near a croc's area and then sit back and watch the croc eat every single bad guy in the level. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Get well soon Hobbes.

Indeed. RTCW does get a tad repetitive and the ending is bollix.
    Jesus, after all the hard work involved in getting to the end, they give you a piss poor ending.
    I mean, you kill the "super soldier" with 1hp after going in with 6hp, dispatch wave after wave of Elite guards and you get that ending.
    *sighs*

Btw...is it just me or is the game a tad easy on the medium level?

The multiplayer is shíte unless you got better than a 56K connection.

:O!
    is it Commandos 2 your playing??

Lastly!
    Even on my P4, RTWC is a tad jumpy @ 800x600 with 32 bit textures, 32 bit color, and max detail.
    Looks classic tho....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Get well soon Hobbes :)

Btw, there's *nothing* innovative coming out on the PC any more... its just the same old first person shooters and strategy games (oh, and all that MMO lameness!)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by Kaimera
    Btw...is it just me or is the game a tad easy on the medium level?

With the exception of the crypt levels and where I had to board an experimental plane all the other levels were extremly easy on medium.

The Crypts I got to Bobby the Shambler (it is a Shambler model?) I had about 4 health and almost no ammo. The paratroopers where the only other challange and I just ended up killing them a cheesy way to get on.

yea that's commando 2 the latest one. The game is sweet. Actually one thing about RTCW the guards in it act the same way as the guards in commandos 2. Kind of funny watching the guard running over checking a guys pulse and then looking up at me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Dammit!
    I thought I was getting good at games! :p

*wwwaaaaaaaaaaa*
    I want Commandos 2. :(
    Someone I know is bound to gimme a lend of it......
    Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    Btw, there's *nothing* innovative coming out on the PC any more

Well what's deemed original these days. Tis very hard to come up with a totally new game format.
    All we can hope for is variations on old skool game types.

Most original game in years....the GTA series.

Republic: the Revolution looks set to be THE most original game for the PC in years.

Advertisement