Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using esat snl with ISDN

• 07-08-2000 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I have a terminal adaptor with an analogue pot. I've setup my modem on it. It can dial esat grand.

Once my account was setup with esat they gave me a new number to dial and it doesn't work (constant engaged tone) meaning it doesn't recognise the ph number.

With ISDN i've 2 numbers lets say 8128133 and 8128134. I told them to register the 8128134 number as the number i'll use with esat. I also plug my modem into the second analogue pot meaning it should be on line 2 - 8128134. Anyone know what the problem is and should I tell esat to change the caller id to my first ph number 8128133 ?
    Does anyone out there who uses esat snl on isdn has any idea ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,533 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Prehaps try plugging th RJ45 cable into the second port on the Eircom ISDN box. There is 2 channels on it remember and each uses a seperate number regardless of the port u use on the TA unless u have it specified in the connection software(if you can, some TA's don't let you specify so to be fully sure use the other port on the ISDN box)
    Hope this helps.

Jimmy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

that didnt seem to do it no, but thanks for the help.... I have it specified in my connection software and have changed the ports around... ISDN must default to the first ph number or something,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭tobi

I enquired about using iol nolimits with an Isdn line but was told i couldn't, is their a difference between iol nolimits and surf nolimits. They are both owned by Esat right.

I warned you! But did you listen to me? Oh no, you knew it all, didn't you? Oh, its just a harmless little bunny, isn't it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

They are both the same thing. SNL is a bit crappy - We've only just got it in our house and we get quite a few engaged tones frown.gif

Roll on cable...

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    My page of stuff

Just a question has anyone actually gotten esat working with ISDN (no hispeed) ? ISDN + modem I mean now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Not likely as, as far as I know, Esat Clear don't support ISDN - yet.

I use SNL at home without any problems (the odd- and I do mean very odd engaged tone) - still ROLL ON CABLE... C'mon NTL!!! Get yon finger oot!!

Bard

|home page|scary éire

I know it doesnt support ISDN but i've hooked a modem up to my terminal adaptor...

not to worry I got it working.... yum low ph bills. Thanks for the suggestions lads.

Advertisement