Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tivo / Sky Plus Availability

• 24-12-2001 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

I was wondering about the tivo box or the Sky Plus recording solution, my questions are as follows.

1. Is it available in Eire
    2. Has anyone got it and what are your thoughts
    3. What dose it cost

Many thanks

E4

Comments

Sky plus not available in EIRE untill sometime in 2002.
    Tivo not available at all in EIRE.
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

According to Backchat on Channel 999 Sky + will be available here in early 2002. I already have the box but the Sky + functionality has not been activated. As soon as it is, this board will hear about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Element 4

Shane where did you get it and what did it cost, BTW can you outline the main features of the box ?

Many thanks

E4

I bought the box in the UK.

There is a detailed feature on Channel 999.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

ShanneOC,

Can you get your existing Sky package put onto a SKY+ reciever?

I'm only interested in getting Dolby Digital and don't want to subscribe to the SKY+ service.

• Advertisement

Shane will tell you,but I'd imagine its no different to pairing your card with any other box ie yes.
    but from memory I'm wondering did shane get the Sky plus box switched on with his Irish sub pending the start of Plus in ROI?
    In other words, did they switch it on because he said he wanted Sky plus and will it be switched off if he doesn't take the service.
    If so the answer is no.
    I'm interested in this as I may buy the plus box in the UK ,use it for a few months and if I don't like it -flog it on.
    mm

happyhammer, I have my full package (Sky World) on my Sky + box. I had absolutely no problem doing this it was simply a case of getting Sky to pair up the new box and the existing card.

I will be getting the new Sky + functionality (recording, pausing live TV) as soon as it is available here.

I cannot see Sky refusing to pair a Sky + box and card without the recording functionality. It does however seem to be a damn expensive way of getting dolby digital 5.1 on only a handful of films.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 happyhammer

Yes, it is an expensive option.

I thought i might get a second hand one from the UK and rip out the 40Gb hard drive for use in my home PC.

hh

Advertisement