Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lyrics of Nirvana's last song

Options
  • 24-12-2001 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

It's not hard to see what that meglamaniac cow doesn't want it released. Check out the lyrics.........

I don't need to love again
    I won't sigh and mope again
    I don't need to love again
    I just don't think it's worth it
    I don't really love her
    I don't think I want her
    Ain't gonna take to love again
    It's the way your love hurts
    It's the way your mad again
    I don't think I'll love again
    I won't ever promise her
    I don't think I want her

This time no one else
    I don't bear to follow you
    I don't ever promise you
    Sometimes I don't love you
    Think I'm tired of loving her
    I don't really want love

Hey, hey, hey, hey
    You know you're right

You told me to follow him
    Teach him that I loved him
    I won't ever promise you
    I won't even bother to
    You gave me my first kiss
    I don't think I want it now
    I don't ever want again
    It's all that I had to have
    It's all that I wanted
    It's all that I had to
    I don't think I'll miss her
    I don't think I want her

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

How do you know they're for real?
    Like...where did you get them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Uncle Neddy

I've heard the song. You used to be able to listen to it on a Nirvana fan-site. Now all you can do is listen to two 30 second segments of it.
    The lyrics are definitely legitimate. To hear it go to http://www.nirvanaclub.com
    I copied and pasted the lyrics from the Seattle Times official website a couple of weeks ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

so he wrote some lyrics that expressed how he felt about courtney love at a particular time in his life ... it certainly doesn't show what a "meglamaniac (sic) cow" Love is. everyone knows they had a rather violent and intense relationship. uncle neddy's point is made further invalid when it actually appears that Love doesn't want the song restricted, but wants to release it as part of another compilation set. it's always the case, though: strong, independant, outspoken woman will *always* be considered mad/bitchy/etc. by misogynistic men anyway.

i was kind of hoping those lyrics weren't the proper ones. he really went downhill before he shot himself, didn't he? lyrically, i mean (and mentally too, obviously).

Hey, O sleep, thanks for correcting my spelling. You fkin arshole (sic) (cos brackets are what it's all about).
    Courtney Love is outspoken. But the fact that I think she is a total gobsh ite is nothing to do with the fact that she is a woman. It is more to do with the fact that I have read in the region of 60 interviews with her.
    Diasagreeing with a woman does not make me sexist or misogynistic. Just as disagreeing with a man doesn't make me homophobic.
    As far as facts go, if you read the 'letter from the family of kurt..' that is written by Wendy O Conor - cobains mother. Love does not want the song released at all or at least until she is released from her own contract. She is attempting to use Cobains music as a bargaining chip for her own career.
    Of course Cobain idolised and loved the woman. I don't dispute the fact that the song only represents part of their relationship. But it is a part that Love does not want to see light of day. And obviously so.
    at all
    O Sleep, I am not really disagreeing with you on many points. Opinions on Courtney will vary. But i resent you classifying me as misogynist. Oh and by the way, you spelt independent wrong (sic sic sic)

okay. steady on. of course disagreeing with men doesn't make you homophobic, because in order to be homophobic you'd have to have views that were in some way against homosexuals, which includes women. i have no idea where you got the idea that misogyny and homophobia were the opposite ends of the spectrum. and i only used (sic) because that's what you're supposed to do when you're quoting somebody and they mispelled something. your use of sic at the end was wrong was somewhat misplaced. thanks for correcting me though. a bit pointless, but thanks anyway.

as for Love, why would she want to stop this song being released when there are other nirvana songs that have already been released that are quite nasty about their relationship (all apologies, for one)? add to this numerous hole songs about how ****ed up their relationship was and it just doesn't make sense that courtney love would want to hold back on this song.

if she's doing this to further her case against geffen, then i think we should all be behind her on this one. if she wins that case, musician rights will be turned upside down, in FAVOUR of the musicians. but of course, most people don't see that at all, and just see a meglamaniac cow.

just remember, all those sixty (SIXTY!!! you've counted???) interviews you've read ... don't believe everything you read. the media has always, and will always, shape the way we view people, and how we judge them. try to read into the interviews rather than blindly agreeing with whatever the NME journalist has said in his closing paragraph

and brackets are what it's all about. because that's what you put 'sic' in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manufractured Individual

Wasn't he in the midst of fileing for divorce just before the whole "bang **** I'm dead" thing or something?

http://www.cobaincase.com/

That's just what it said there. I dunno.

Blegh.

yeah, i heard that too. i remember reading about how he threatened courtney love with a gun, but i can't remember if i read that before he shot himself or after. but i've also heard about how courtney love hired someone to kill him and it wasn't a suicide at all. ahem.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Yeah, and the moon is made of cheese.

O Sleep - Sorry for losing the rag a little. 3 Years ago I was hit in the head by a cricket ball deliberately by an asian kid (he was 16, I was 17). I gave him an open handed slap on the head. His family tried to turn it into a racial attack which was ludicrous. I did not hit him in the head because he was asian - but rather because the pr ikk hit me with a cricket ball. I found your argument to be equally frustrating.
    I really dislike Courtney Love. It was the "misogynistic men" part of your msg that made my blood boil. The fact that I dislike her is not because she is a powerful woman or I am misogynistic. It is because I think she is a careerist star-****er with very little talent who talks total bollox. Hole have some great tunes, she didn't write them though.
    From Echo and the bunnymen / Julian Cope in the early 80's through mid 80's american New wave and late 80's funk rock (early Faith no More) through to Billy Corgan and Evan Dando in the 90's, she has attached herself to a leading artist and tried to live off it.
    Nick Broomfields 'Kurt and Courtney' is quite tabloidy and the suicide malarkey seems like pure fiction, but the one thing it cements for me is her professional prostitution.
    She is currently saying that until she is released by her record company, she won't allow the new Nirvana track to be released. The reason is that her record company were taken over by another company. She claims that she signed with geffen and not the company who took them over, so why should she release anything for the company who took them over.
    Major record company = Major record company. She had lawyers when she signed the deal.

em. okay. i'll tread carefully so. i still think that, perhaps without realising it, you're maybe allowing yourself to be influenced by misogynistic people or elements. i mean, using that whole 'she doesn't even write her own songs', while not being outrightly misogynistic, lends itself to that area. when was the last time you heard discussion about how a man didn't write the songs on his album? never. this is what i'm talking about.

btw, did the asian kid hit you on purpose?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

Originally posted by Uncle Neddy
    Diasagreeing with a woman does not make me sexist or misogynistic. Just as disagreeing with a man doesn't make me homophobic.

actually, it would mean you are not misanthropic, and not homophobic, which is a phobia of homosexual people.

of course, all your other points are drival.....

Advertisement