Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Let it snow! Let it snow! Let it snow!

• 24-12-2001 3:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

"Oh! The weather outside is frightful..." ... but it hasn't snowed yet...

wonder if it will tonight..? ... hope so.

Anyone know what the chances are?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

According to the news last night, not much

& the bookies have moved the odds from 11/8 back to 6/4 so it doesnt look too likely

c22

If it's snow ye want head to the tops of the mountains tomorrow,anywhere in Wicklow or northwards above about 800 feet or so and there should be some :)
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Maybe little chance tonight ..but soon (friday onwards look really promising)..anyhow for those who like flashy pics ...click here

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

its nt that cold here in South of Dublin, and the ground is quite wet, so if it does snow, it would wana snow REALLY heavily so it would stick, but I don't think There'll be a white Christmas, even though its Christmas now :)

Aparently-it only takes one flake for the bookies to pay out,thats already happened in Belfast according to the Beeb this morning and the wind is blowing from the North!
    There may be a flake by the end of the day just to p**s off the bookies,but to have something more than that in dublin/East Coast you would want a northeasterly to blow a shower in off the Irish sea-the opposite applies over in the west,it is cold enough and getting colder-unfortunately it will mild up again tomorrow.
    Longfield is right-there is a greater chance of Snow towards the weekend.
    What you want really is a NorthEast wind not a North one(unless you are up north and want snow) as it's getting down to -33 in Finland and although that air would take a couple of days to travel down here and it would have warmed in the journey but not by a whole 30 degree's and would bring Snow.
    mm
    I do the weather for a hobby!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Hmmm, apparently in Carlisle its snowing now. 10-20 mm, although Jan is the time for real snow over there.

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,496 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Originally posted by madman

I do the weather for a hobby!

Have a look at this so..

http://129.13.102.67/wz/pics/Rtavn1081.gif

Interesting ehh??

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

very:D
    mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Well as I type this its currently snowing here not much though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

I was up in Donegal for christmas, and it snowed up there on christmas night/st. stevens day morn. It went fairly quickly though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

theres snow on the galtee mountains, so i guess itll be here come late jan, goin on last year

if not, ill just go up there and bring it back in the car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

When I was out on Sat night, it snowed a bit after the club (here in Galway). The streets were a bit dodgy, but then again I was pi$$ed, so I can't confirm that :p

But @ about 7am that morning the dog started giving out, coz she needed to go for a pi$$ (how descriptive am I), so I brought her for a quick walk. At that stage the streets were quite slippy, and it was difficult to explain this to my dog, who insisted on pulling on her lead, dragging me along in my peak hungover state :rolleyes:

In more recent news...

IMO I think we will see snow in the next 10 days. It is trying hard, with short falls nearly every day. It's getting bloody colder, with temperatures dropping nearly a degree(C) every night for the past week.

;-phobos-)

Advertisement