Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN 3 Pcs and 100 ping each?

Options
  • 24-12-2001 10:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Ok was wondering how I would Go about getting 3 pcs into one isdn line??

I know Serial and Geo do it with 2 pcs at once no problem with single ISDN line and get like60 80 ping each..

Just wondering how 1st i would go about even doing that with 2pcs and would it be possible to do it with a 3rd.. basicaly ahh small home lan so to say with the both of us being able to go on the net and have 70 ping wach for the cost of one call.. thx..

-adren-

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

I'm using a prog called wingate. It's available from deerfield to download as a trial version. It is basically a proxy server program that you install on the pc with the connection and all other pc's will share that connection. It also has a reasonable firewall capability.

I hope I haven't misunderstood your request, but this works for me..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

another v good program and really easy to setup is Sygate (www.sygate.com). It shares out the net connection, however you'd both be lucky to get a 70 ping at the same time :) unless its a v good server, it can get v spikey sharing your line with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭DaSilva

What you need imho is HalfLife Proxy which you can download [=Here=] and there website is [=Here=] It can be a bit annoying at time since you have to map servers (e.g. "www.clanradox.com" mapped to "10.0.0.1:16000") and have it running so the other pc can join. I use it at home for one pc's and the other just normally and I get pings of about 50 to 100 depending on the server. For more information on setting it up check out their site :).

Advertisement