Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

OK...its old and jaded, but.....

• 24-12-2001 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭

I'm thinking karma should be brought back, like Evil Phil has said. Muppetish behaviour is up 60% and heavy sack beatings.....:D no seriously though, in my (short) experience, I hadn't seen as many muppets on the boards until the karma system was removed. OK, it doesn't really mean anything, but in a post by Whitelancer, it does show other users (and newbies) who is a spa and who talks sense. And I'm posting this cos I'm bored in work, and chances are no-one will even reply to this for days, being Chrimbo an' all, but what the hey...:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

You know he mocks sense:P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I think it should be brought back in too :D

PS. I sure hope you don't get -12 Karma again WL :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I have a better idea, I dunno if vB supports it (it can always be hacked), but Ikonboard has a Member Groups system, where you can specify any number of different groups, all with different posting/viewing privileges. Your group is displayed beside each post. You could create a Muppets member group with reduced posting priveliges, and send all would-be muppets into it for a few weeks every time they offend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Ikonboard is filth, anything they can do VB can do better,
    sounds liek a good idea anyway

BTW nice idea, put i have to say if someone warnents being on that list, they probably deserve to be banned to

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

I'd agree that vB edges it over iB, but iB is free :D, and there's very little to separate the 2, iB does 99% of what vB does, and does it extremely well. Check out 3.0.1.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Discharger Snake
    I'd agree that vB edges it over iB, but iB is free :D, and there's very little to separate the 2, iB does 99% of what vB does, and does it extremely well. Check out 3.0.1.
    vbb is much more tightly coded than ib 3, many more features than ib3 and ib2 was renowned for memory leaks(?) and banned from most free hosts and while ib3 isnt as bad, it is still nowhere as good as vbb, or even ubb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by seamus
    I'm thinking karma should be brought back

I don't.

It caused too much hassle the first time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

gah! avert your eyes kids!! it may take other forms!!

WAY to much hassle last time!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

karmacard.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

I'm just being antagonistic with my sig. Please don't quote me on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement