Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 HELP!

Options
  • 25-12-2001 1:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Im new to Quake3 and TRIED to play it the other day but my ping was over 990!!!! I used the find server funtion in Q3A and Gamespy but all had my pings far too high! Wat are the Irish servers & how do I get into them?
    How do I get my ping down?

Wat about broadband? Any updates? I'm sick of using 56k modems!:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

You can get onto the Irish server by going /connect slosh.ign.ie in the quake3 console. You need the latest patch (1.31) and OSP (v1 www.orangesmoothie.org). Try a lower "rate" (/rate 4000) and lower maxpackets (/cl_maxpackets 20) in the console to see if your ping drops a bit. Other good servers are Barrysworld servers and Jolt servers, otherwise most servers in gamespy are crap.

broadband : only available to trialists best bet for a low ping is still ISDN :/

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭ViperMAN

Thanx alot man. But you wont see me in there for a long time because I must D/L OSP. It will take a age!!!! Thanx again.

Advertisement