Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bite-ltd

• 25-12-2001 5:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone has ever got anything from here, There selling 19" Sony Monitors for £200 exVat.. Sounds too good to be true. What'cha think ?

Bite-Ltd

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Originally posted by Xithus
    Just wondering if anyone has ever got anything from here, There selling 19" Sony Monitors for £200 exVat.. Sounds too good to be true. What'cha think ?

Bite-Ltd

They're that cheap because they are Dell badged monitors that we were able to get cheap, nothing dodgy just Dell selling off excess stock. Also I do have a lower markup on stuff sold online as it saves me the trouble and expense of having a retail premises and having to spend hours talking ****e to customers who only buy a printer cartridge...
    Question of not trying to rip my customers off really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 825 ✭✭✭MarcusGarvey

What kind of warranty do they have ?

Ooooh, I like the prices, they've gone down. /me gathers Christmas money together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

How much would delivery be to dublin ? And do they come with a warranty ?

Unfortunately I cannot sell these with a full factory warranty. Thye come however with a 90 days money back warranty.
    Shipping to Dublin will be roughly 20-25 squids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

are you in limerick, and can someone collect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

That is a great price. Xithus, I don't know what planet you are living on, but what were you expecting? 3 years onsite support thrown in as well? The monitor is brand new, and half price. Incidentally mayhem, do you see yourself have a continuous supply of said monitors at said excellent prices? Or do dell only sell them off periodically?

Originally posted by «Bo§ton»
    are you in limerick, and can someone collect

I'm in Ennis, and yes you can collect (after 3/1/02)...

Originally posted by Gerry
    That is a great price. Xithus, I don't know what planet you are living on, but what were you expecting? 3 years onsite support thrown in as well? The monitor is brand new, and half price. Incidentally mayhem, do you see yourself have a continuous supply of said monitors at said excellent prices? Or do dell only sell them off periodically?

I have 'bout thirty black ones and 60 white ones.
    Dunno if I can get them again at that price...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Originally posted by mayhem#
    Dunno if I can get them again at that price...

Then buy, buy, buy ? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

If the prices offered are that low, then go ahead and buy.

christ ! I was just curious. I dont trust monitors Ive a gateway one (ev700) that decided to pack up a year and 2 weeks after I got it.. the warranty was for a year. Still at those prices Ill be ordering 2 next week. :P
    And god dammit I better get black uns ! :D

remember prices exclude vat, im am just sick at the moment, i spent months looking for an irish retailer of those sony black monitors, hell i could even find them in england, damn

jesus its to early to be posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Woohoo, mayhem i may be contacting you about one of those black 19" monitors :)

This machine i'm on at the moment has a black dell-badged 19 inch monitor and its bloody gorgeous.

well at least I gave the website some advertisment :D

Interlink will deliver to anywhere in Ireland for under £15 inc VAT, just so you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Even for such a bulky/heavy item as a monitor?!

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    Interlink will deliver to anywhere in Ireland for under £15 inc VAT, just so you know.

You might want to check your facts, I ship all our deliveries with Interlink and have shipped several monitors to f.i. Dublin. The charge each time was close to £25.....

im sure they ship for several prices to the same places, but what condition the package is in is another question
    for a monitor id pay the 25 notes but for what im thinking of getting id be better collecting, next time im going to limerick, i place an order and swing by ennis on the way

I got a monitor and computer delivered from Cork to Dublin for £15.12 inc VAT and the same from Cork to Wicklow for the same price.

They were Apple Performas so I managed to put the monitor and baseunit into the same big box.

The guy told me anywhere in Ireland for that price, but that may just be the Cork franchise that charges that price. All the goods arrived in perfect condition too.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by MarcusGarvey
    I got a monitor and computer delivered from Cork to Dublin for £15.12 inc VAT and the same from Cork to Wicklow for the same price.

They were Apple Performas so I managed to put the monitor and baseunit into the same big box.

The guy told me anywhere in Ireland for that price, but that may just be the Cork franchise that charges that price. All the goods arrived in perfect condition too.

Mmmm, looks like I have to have a chat with the lads at the local depot...

Jayzus, all that talking about how great my prices are and not a single bleedin' order.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

As soon as someone buys my existing monitor...

Hey,
    While I can't yet afford to buy one of your monitors that I really desire (have to buy and resell a few pcs first ) I have been telling as many people as I know as its such a good deal.

So there....

Ill be order'n 2 tomorrow night. :D

Good man!
    That's the way I like it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

That close and then after Xmas is nay a good time to expect sales really. But you've made an impression methinks...
    If you underprice it...they will come

Well, I just ordered 2 of em. They'll be black ones ill get.. right ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

I'm from ennis too, how long have you been around for? I remember wandering in to you store a fair few months back and buying a TA because the eircom git had ****ed up the one eircom had sent out to us. Never knew you were on the boards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

i would recomend Bite Ltd he offered me work experiance a few weeks back but i didnt take it cus it was too far away [45 miniutes drive] ill be out there early wensday morning 2 get me a 19" or mabey even a 21" ill c how the funds are and if the roads arent 2 icey

Advertisement