Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WinXP CD Icon Problem...

Options
  • 25-12-2001 6:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭

K, I just reinstalled XP (using the cd drive) on me computer cause I had to split up the HD. CD drive was working grand under the old installation.

Anyways, after reinstalling i cant open a cd in explorer. when i double click or right click and go to open or autoplay nothing happens. The working cursor comes up for a second then it stops and nothing happens. Windows knows its there, it shows up in the device manager and everything. It still works even, i can access it through a cmd prompt and I was able to rip a cd with media player no probs. It seems to be just a problem with explorer... It cant be anything i installed is messing with it cause i havent yet:)

so has anyone ever heard of this before? Any ideas how to fix it other than reinstall completely and hope for the best?:)

Advertisement