Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap PC-100 RAM

• 10-08-2000 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of making two last improvements to my computer before buying a new one. a 128MB stick of PC-100 RAM in DIMMS and a 566Mhz Celeron 2 chip. I'm prolly on my own for the chip but I know there's always lots of people who want more RAM. letsbuyit.com seem to be giving good discounts on some products (awful on others) so I was considering making a suggestion for RAM.

The thing is to make a suggestion you have to be pretty specific, and I know nothing about RAM and wouldn't have a clue what the best brand would be. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

www.crucial.com are excellent, I have bought loads of dimms from them, and they have very quick delivery also. They have a very easy to use memory selector which guarantees that the memory will work in your particular machine. I got hit for customs duty once, the thing to do is to ask for rma ram, or else you could try their uk site, www.crucial.co.uk, although the dollars worked out better at the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

God damn that's a useful site smile.gif

It's prolly a bit much for me cos I already new I wanted a 128MB DIMM of non-ECC RAM but for a novice user it'd be a life saver.

If only there was something similar for processors. I went to the Intel website and it said a 700MHz Celeron 2 would be compatible with my 66MHz Pentium 2 motherboard. Mind you it also says that a pentium 3 will speed up the internet and even has a seperate page for p3 users! rolleyes.gif

Advertisement