Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hello

Options
  • 26-12-2001 6:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi guys,

This may be your lucky day. I used to play CS a lot, the cheating got to me in the end and I gave it all up for T2 - I've not looked back since. After T2's release the community started to look like it was dieing, the fact is it is now stronger than ever and getting stronger by the day. Sierra have promised a new patch in future, the demo has brought many new players into the game and the leading Euro leagues are hosting the most teams ever. Despite all the T1 veterans moaning about "it not being the same as the good old days" the fact is that T2 is going well. I'm looking to add to this.

I am attempting to make a clan, a new clan. so far it's going well but I want to turn things up a notch now. As a result I was contacting Tribes based in the UK and Ireland that do not compete to see if their members may want to move across. Boards.ie came up so I thought I'd Tmail Hobbes about this. I noticed the web link to these boards and was happy to see that some of you are keen tostart playing again.

I can imagine Hobbes is a busy guy, so although I've already Tmailed this to him I guess I'd best post it here to to make sure you get it. Hope to here from you. PS. Mixie, I'm not following you mate, honest! :)

Hi all,

First a bit of background. I've been playing Tribes T2 for a long while now, I've played with some really good european clans and am currently a member of - bT - , a clan aiming for europe's top 10. In this time I've learnt a lot about the game and I'm now looking to use my knowledge to run another clan.

When I initially started playing Tribes 2 I ran a UK based European clan called FTD (Frag Test Dummies). I knew very little about the game then and as a result the clan fell apart. I'm now aiming to rebuild FTD to play some of europes leagues, as a result I'm looking for players. I started this recruitment drive a few weeks ago with a fair amount of success, however I'm now at the point of taking this to the next level.

I'm wanting to get serious numbers of players into the clan, I want this to be a clan that competes but is also fun. I'm hoping to enter it into most of the big europe wide leagues and to make this a truely awesome clan for both T2 and community spirit.

Why am I telling you this?

Well you are all members of UK/Irish clans that dont currently (from what I can tell) compete in any leagues. I have no doubts that many of the players that are in these clans would like to play for a ladder/league based clan and as a result I'd like to offer all those people the chance to play for FTD.

What I'd like each of you to do is forward this message on to all of your clan members, the clans in question being...

British Elite
    Boards.ie
    Essex UK
    UK massif

Any that are interested in playing for FTD should contact me (preferably via Email due to Tmail being unreliable), I will take their details and depending on numbers will arrange a few 'events'. Hopefully these events will allow me to see how people play and also for others to get to know each other.

I hope you will all be willing to get involved with this and I look forward to receiving your replies. Any questions please get in touch.

Many thanks,

AntiPop
    antipop@beerbelly.co.uk
    #ftd.t2 on Quakenet or Barrysworld

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 AntiPop

ooops, that was supposed to go against the "try and get the community going" thread, nevermind ey :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

good luck with it

you may want to post that in GAMES too, as many ppl may have given up lookin at the Tribes board :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Id play except the game sucks very very hard :/

If you read the other thread, were actually talking about getting tribes 1 going again :)

(also mate, dont hold your breath for that patch)

• Registered Users Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Mixie

Will talk to you on IRC later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

/me whacks dustaz with some heavy object

The game dose not suck.... if you have decent players in the game

There are far less muppets around than there used to be and generally the only people playing are those who want to play instead of acting the muppet

• Advertisement

I like Monty! :)

Was never into T1, as far as I understand it it's pretty dead now.

Well if any of you do fancy T2 you now know where I am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭[-Morpheus-]

I've gone back to tribes2 :D
    I wasn't able to play cs last week due to some problems so I got my dusty tribes 2 box and installed it. FS I forgot how fun it was and I would be more than interested in joining a clan

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

I ply T2 more than CS these days, never spotted anyone cheating, and Dustaz, it does not suck, so shut up :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Well I've been playing t2 with graphics at the highest resolution (got my pc upgraded) and boy does it look amazing. But when I walk into a building the textures go all distorted and purple, it's a glitch that only showed up when I got the latest updates :(

P.S.
    It's a geforce3 ti 500, so if neone could give me some info on that glitch, please do tell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

heathens.

I was playing T1 the other night on bw. god, it really is the beautiful game (c) shinji.

Im half interested in trying that base++ mod but i cant be arsed re-installing UE2, err i mean Tribes 2. Maybe ill just wait till Legends comes out.

• Advertisement

El Marco, I'd suggest getting the latest drivers for your graphics card, that might help.

If you've already got those I'm not really sure what would be best, try playing around with the in game settings a bit - especially stuff like environment mapping, that seems to cause some people problems.

To be honest the main moans about the last few patches have been a few to many UE errors and the occasional loss of FPS, i've never come across ppl having problems with the graphics and textures.

Advertisement