Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VXD Errors

• 10-08-2000 9:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭

Computer is fked.

Getting VXD (Blue Screen Error messages) all the time. It's getting difficult to stay calm.

Swapped between 3 Graphics cards .. same problem with each ...

What else could be the cause of all these problems .. bearing in mind I reformatted just 1 month ago.

Cheers for any ideas,

JAK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Offy

Lo there.

Having the same prob. at the moment. Mine is caused by a tnt32 pci vanta, motherboard has a sis530 chipset. When i use the onboard graphics card the problem disappears?!? Try looking for a setting in the bios if u have a onboard graphics card and disable it. Cant find a setting on mine but if u come up with a solution post it plzz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

dodgy memory?

or have you installed any hardware/software immediately before the problem appearead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

What VXD's?
    Is there a pattern to the memory locations?

When does it happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Well the most recent Hardware installed was the Voodoo5500 ... but that ran fine for about a month .. and now they have started with these errors.

In any case I swapped over to my Rage 128 32mb ... and it ran ok for bout a day then started crashing again.

Strangely, the only game which will load up is Quake I.

Unreal Tournament and EQ .. when you try to run them a little box comes up with Error in the banner and a box with OK to click on it.

Nothing else.

As for the location of the VXD errors .. I never noted the numbers .. I will.

Incidentally when I booted the PC this morning, the screen was about half the size it should be ... and looked fairly skewed in to the middle.

I am gettin a new PC .. but I'd like to sort this one out too.

JAK.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 285 ✭✭sam

could be a virus..
    get navc from www.norton.com
    (the free version)
    and check for viruses

• Advertisement

**** ... good point Sam.

Since the reformat Ive had no Antivirus software on the PC.

Will check it later.

JAK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

quake 1 = opengl works grand.. ut/eq dont.
    sounds like directx and since that installs a couple of hundred vxds to your system directory that could very well be the problem..
    any new version installed recently?
    or tried to uninstall?
    no point noting the errors.. it wont help at all .. unless your debugging the drivers yourself.. youll just have loads of pieces of paper with crap on them.. smile.gif

Well - I think Direct X7 went in with the EQ install .. but I uninstalled a few times then ..

Hmm.

I knew there had to be some link between Quake working and EQ/UT not.

I'll remove DirectX .. and get the latest from the web.

Ta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

buy deus ex, directx 7 is on that, and sure what more could you ask for?

Fixed.

By taking out Rage 128 .. removing all drivers.

Upgrading DirectX 7A
    Putting in Voodoo5500
    Adding latest 1.01 drivers for Voodoo5500

JAK.

• Advertisement
Advertisement